EcoPur Mineral stick.

dankasprick83

Aug 24, 2022
Lake Orion, MI
Hey all,

I'm now thoroughly on my way with the dichlor and bleach method and loving it. Can anyone comment on what impact the Master Spa "EcoPur" charged mineral filtration stick (copper and zinc) has on FC levels? How about the ozonator? The reason I ask is that this spa is as clean as can be and I have what I'd consider to be a relatively large FC drop over 24 h with relatively light bather load (10 ppm down to 3 with cya around 25). New filters. Just purged with ahhsome and the I'd expect the pipes are nice and clean. Spa only two years old.

Not that our dealer has any clue what he's talking about (he gave all kinds of crazy advice) but I do remeber him saying something about the mineral stick chewing up the FC. Is there any truth to this?

If so, I'm wondering if I should just toss in a regular filter without the mineral stick.

395 gallon lsx 850 with eco pur and ozonator.

Thanks all!

Good morning Dan! :wave: TFP almost never recommends using mineral products of any kind due to the potential addition of copper to the water. But your concerns about the relationship between minerals & ozonator to chlorine may require the assistance of @Donldson. Let's see what he can add to the conversation next time he hops online.

The ozone is the likely culprit for the higher fc demand. This is not uncommon, in high use times the ozonator can assist with oxidizing excess bather waste & take the oxidizing load off of fc but during periods of no use it is still oxidizing & the only thing left for it to eat is your fc which can be problematic as ozone isn’t a sanitizer only an oxidizer.
Can u turn it off & on? If so you may wish to turn it off during extended rest times.
The mineral stick is not likely contributing to the demand it is just adding things that u don’t want in your water like copper which can cause staining as Tex mentioned.
There will always be a standby fc demand in a spa as they are people soup 🤢.
A spa will not “hold” fc steadily unless u are adding it steadily like with a swg or a feeder.

I can’t comment on your question exactly, but I have a MasterSpa tub as well with the same filter insert (mine is a 500 gallon though). As a baseline, it will use up about 2ppm per day without any use. I assume this is due to the ozonator and the water being at 100F.

It doesn’t seem to be an exact 2ppm per day. It will use up more than 2ppm if I have a higher starting ppm of FC (more like 3-4 per day starting from 10 or 12 ppm FC). Seems to average about 2ppm per day for the lower reasonable level of FC.

Does your tub have a circulation pump that runs 24/7? If it does it might explain the FC consumption being higher than mine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.