easytouch system with heater

Jul 19, 2014
Ottawa
Hi,

I am having a bit of a problem or I might think there is one.

I installed an easytouch system with an intelliflo pump and intellichlor and a jandy jxi heater.

Everything is working correctly however the heater button doesn't work when I push it, for some reason. I put it in service mode and the button works just not in auto.

I can have the heater set in the settings with a max temp and everything works fine, but I don't want to heat the pool all the time.

I want to be able to turn the heater on manually with the heater button let it heat than when I am done shut it off manually.

The option to turn it on and off with screenlogic2 works fine as well. I cant seem to figure this one out.

Is there an extra setting I am missing?

Thanks for any help.

CC,

Maybe I just don't understand... When you have a heater connected to the EasyTouch, you should not be using the button on the heater at all. If you only want the heater to be turned on/off at the heater itself, just removed the two wire cable between the heater the ET..

This sounds obvious, so I'm sure I just don't understand. I can fully understand that you do not want to run your heater all the time, but give me a scenario where the heater comes on by itself??

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

yes you have it all wrong. :(

The heater is correctly setup and I am not controlling it from the heater panel but the easytouch panel.

When I push the heater button next to the solar button nothing happens unfortunately.

I have to push menu -> heat -> heater to turn it on.

This should be handled with the heater button on the front panel.

CC,

The manual says the Heater button on the front panel of the ET is only used in the "Service Mode" and that this button will not turn on the pump...

I agree that just looking at it you would assume it is used to turn the heater on and off..

Are you trying to heat a pool or spa? If a Spa, you can push the V button and that should turn on the Spa and heater.

Thanks,

Jim R.

CC,

The manual says the Heater button on the front panel of the ET is only used in the "Service Mode" and that this button will not turn on the pump...

I agree that just looking at it you would assume it is used to turn the heater on and off..

Are you trying to heat a pool or spa? If a Spa, you can push the V button and that should turn on the Spa and heater.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hopefully they fix this as the button was put there to easily turn the heater on and off. If it works in service mode it should work in auto mode as well.

This works fine with the screenlogic app. I guess this would be the best and easiest way to turn the heater on/off manually.

Hopefully they fix this as the button was put there to easily turn the heater on and off.

The button was not put there to turn the heater on and off in auto mode. The Easytouch was designed with an ICP integrated into the service panel so you wouldn't need a remote panel (ICP) in the house. Some installs simply prohibit the installation of a panel in the house (no way to run the wire to the panel through the wall).

You would want to run the heater under the control of a thermostat, not a push button (on and off), for convenience, as well as safety. Not sure why you would want to run the heater without a thermostat. Never had this complaint before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.