Venice Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi all, I am troubleshooting how my pool pump - VSF 3 turns on or off with Easytouch. Regardless of the programmed schedules, pump turns off (and the heater with it) after 12 hours. And yes, egg timer is set to off for the pool circuit. Pump display says Address 1 Display Not Active.

This evening I discovered it was off, and turned it on at 7:15 pm. Although the schedule will demand a continuous run, I expect it to stop at 7:15 am tomorrow based on what happpened last few times. Another interesting thing is - if we lose power and it comes back, pool circuit needs to be manually restarted.

There are no errors visible. I have a feeling the Easytouch system is beginning to go, although all the other circuits work well - go on and go off as per programming.

Is it possible the pump has some schedule time out? If it did, i assume the pump display would be different when pump stopped running?

Appreciate any thoughts and recommendations!

S,

I suspect that the pump shuts off after 12 hours because you are manually turning it on and then after 12 hours the egg-timer times out.

The pump should be run on a schedule and not by pushing the 'F' button..

As a test, set the Pool Schedule for 8 am until 8 am in the EasyTouch, Then let the pump start on its own and then see what happens.. It should run 24/7 and never shut off.

Show me your current schedules...

I doubt there is anything wrong with the EasyTouch.

Also,, keep in mind that you can only have a max of 12 schedule and that includes all the egg-timers not set to the default of 12 hours..

Do you have ScreenLogic???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: sjoshi
S,

All your egg-timers should be set for 12 hours (default) unless you actually need an egg-timer. Egg-timers are used when you want to turn something on manually, but want it to automatically shut off after X hours.

Please confirm that you the IntelliFlo3 with a Display.. Most IntelliFlo3 pumps do not have a display.. I know you can get a display, but I have yet to hear of one that has been installed. You may be the first.. :mrgreen:

After you have set up your 8 am to 8 am schedule, if the pump does not start within half an hour, push the reset button on the EasyTouch.. It is just like rebooting your PC.

Thanks,

Jim R.

S,

I suspect that the pump shuts off after 12 hours because you are manually turning it on and then after 12 hours the egg-timer times out.

The pump should be run on a schedule and not by pushing the 'F' button..

As a test, set the Pool Schedule for 8 am until 8 am in the EasyTouch, Then let the pump start on its own and then see what happens.. It should run 24/7 and never shut off.

Show me your current schedules...

I doubt there is anything wrong with the EasyTouch.

Also,, keep in mind that you can only have a max of 12 schedule and that includes all the egg-timers not set to the default of 12 hours..

Do you have ScreenLogic???

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes I have screen logic. The system will not start on its own without pushing the button or via screenlogic but I will try one more time since you asked. Egg timer is set to off. The schedule you see here is a debugging schedule (I was checking if the new features added were playing a role if pump was running), otherwise it was a straight 24 hours wtih a couple features turned on for a couple hours each. I tweaked the schedule again about an hour ago to see if pump would start on its own and it did not start at 7:16 pm. I will try again at 8:15 pm

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-30 200321.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-30 200321.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2023-10-30 200722.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-30 200722.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 5
S,

My theory on troubleshooting is to initially make things as simple as possible.

I suggest that you start with just one simple schedule 8 am until 8 am and see if that work first. Then start adding or changing things one at a time.

I would change the pool egg-timer back to 12 hours.. If the system works like it should, it does not need to be set to don't stop.

Adding and deleting a lot of schedules can cause the system to get confused. This can cause the EasyTouch to have more schedules than what shows up in ScreenLogic. So, another advantage to starting out simple, is that it is easy to use the Menu button and ensure that only one schedule is actually in the EasyTouch. If you find more you should delete it.

When I have a power failure, my EasyTouch always restarts.. Yours should also.. I use by PC for ScreenLogic, so I almost always have to restart ScreenLogic.

Thanks,

Jim R.

S,

My theory on troubleshooting is to initially make things as simple as possible.

I suggest that you start with just one simple schedule 8 am until 8 am and see if that work first. Then start adding or changing things one at a time.

I would change the pool egg-timer back to 12 hours.. If the system works like it should, it does not need to be set to don't stop.

Adding and deleting a lot of schedules can cause the system to get confused. This can cause the EasyTouch to have more schedules than what shows up in ScreenLogic. So, another advantage to starting out simple, is that it is easy to use the Menu button and ensure that only one schedule is actually in the EasyTouch. If you find more you should delete it.

When I have a power failure, my EasyTouch always restarts.. Yours should also.. I use by PC for ScreenLogic, so I almost always have to restart ScreenLogic.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Will do. However, system does not start after a power failure. I have to restart the pump (will now use the reset button instead) and restart Screenlogic.

Will do. However, system does not start after a power failure. I have to restart the pump (will now use the reset button instead) and restart Screenlogic.
My EasyTouch always restarts fine after a power outage, restarting my Intelliflo VS pump. Does your ET retain the time of day after an outage? If not, you need to replace the clock battery inside yours.

Reactions: Jimrahbe and sjoshi
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.