EasyTouch 8 Controls Everything Except VS Pump

Jul 18, 2015
Katy TX
I recently had a warranty claim where the service guy came out and replaced the LCD screen on my VS pump, which is a spa booster pump in my setup (the main pump is the VF pump). Prior to that, if I pushed Spa on the EasyTouch panel or remote the VS pump would turn on. Ever since the service guy was here, neither the panel nor the remote will control the pump. When I push "Status" in Settings it says "No Comm". I have to use the controls on the pump to control it. The rest of the equipment works just fine and can be controlled by the panel or remote. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

KTPO,

My guess is that the default address for the new control head is #1... Since you have two pumps, I would assume the address needs to be #2.

To change the address you need to go into the pump's control panel and select SETTINGS and then Pump Address.. Change the address to #2 and then ENTER..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

KTPO,

You want each pump to have it's own unique address...

Did you actually go out to the pump and check the address there? If the pump's display does not say "Display not Active", then the pump is not communicating with the EasyTouch.

What I suspect has happened is that your EasyTouch is looking for address # 2 because that is want is programmed into the ET, but when they installed the new control panel with all the electronics, they did not program the pump itself with address number 2... The default is number 1 and I am assuming they just left it at #1.

Please check it right at the pump, not with anything else..

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the other thing to look for at the pump is that the data cable is connected to the control panel... It plugs right into the side of the controller..

I checked at the pumps. VF Pump says "Display Not Active" so I assume it is communicating with the ET. VS Pump does NOT say "Display Not Active" so I assume it is not communicating with ET. The VF pump is address 1. The VS pump is address 2. I checked both at each pump. Regarding the data cables, it appears there is one connected to the VF pump and one connected to the VS pump. I did not check inside the ET control panel.

I checked at the pumps. VF Pump says "Display Not Active" so I assume it is communicating with the ET. VS Pump does NOT say "Display Not Active" so I assume it is not communicating with ET. The VF pump is address 1. The VS pump is address 2. I checked both at each pump. Regarding the data cables, it appears there is one connected to the VF pump and one connected to the VS pump. I did not check inside the ET control panel.

KTPO,

Sorry, I misunderstood your original reply..

So, I went back and looked at the pump's manual and it says "The pump's default address is one, which is the only address that works with the EasyTouch" The manual leads you to believe that the IntelliTouch uses different pump address, but the EasyTouch does not. But, since it is a Pentair manual, it is written in some kind of foreign code... :p

So I would try what you initially suggested.. Set the VS pump to address 1 and see if it works... On the surface it does not make sense that both pumps would have the same address, but it can't hurt to try.

I would also make sure that pump # 2 is set to VS... Menu, SETTINGS, Pump #2, should say VS...

If the VS pump will not communicate on either address #1 or #2 then I would have Pentair come back out to see what is wrong..

Please let up know what you find, as your feedback can be used to help others..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sounds like the comm cable could. I would unplug it and plug it back in. Did he open the top part of the ET Panel, if so there is a good chance he may have replaced the cable too and didn't get it reconnected properly. Either way - as long as the display on the pump is active you know it has no communication with the panel.

Couldn't be anything more frustrating that a repairman that doesn't even test his own work or repair. Simply no excuses.

Tried disconnecting the comm cable. Upon reconnecting it the display did show "Display Not Active" but that went away and returned to previous state of "No Comm" (the display did not show No Comm, I see that when I check the Status in Settings).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.