South Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Just got our pool finished and everything has been working great for the past two weeks until today. I have a pool with connected spa that overflows into the pool. Equipment is an Easy Touch 8 and an Intelliflo VS pump system with one pump that services both the pool and the spa with automatic valves between the returns ( i think i got all that right)

Issue is that when the pool is in Auto Mode, I can turn the pump off from my phone (screen logic app) as well as at the easy touch panel (hitting the F. button), but it will not turn back on using either one of those. Every time the pump turns off (either using the app, the panel, or the schedule), I have to turn it on manually by putting the pool in service mode and turning the pump on using its small LCD screen on the pump itself.

When is in auto mode, the pump screen reads "Pump Address 1" and then "Display Not Active" so i know its communicating with the Easy Touch panel (plus i can turn it all off in auto mode). Just seems so strange that it wont turn back on using the same methods. Its like once i turn it off from my phone of the panel, it loses it connection or something.

Thanks!!

Welcome to TFP.

When you turn the pump off is the display on the pump still on and showing “Display Not Active"?

I think your pump power is connected to the LOAD side of the filter/pump relay instead of getting continuous power from the LINE side.

Welcome to TFP.

When you turn the pump off is the display on the pump still on and showing “Display Not Active"?

I think your pump power is connected to the LOAD side of the filter/pump relay instead of getting continuous power from the LINE side.
Yep it’s still shows Display Not Active. Also it’s worth noting that everything has been operating as normal until today. As in I could turn the pumps on and off from my phone and the panel without issue.

Also just realized I was messing in the app today. And I think I clicked something in the pump section. This used to say Pool on the top and Spa on the bottom. Now it says Pool and Pool.

Attachments

• A7D8450B-7766-4EA9-9AD5-F63B4237ADF2.png
    A7D8450B-7766-4EA9-9AD5-F63B4237ADF2.png
    667.6 KB · Views: 4
So I think i just fixed it. In my exploring all this new equipment i think i messed up a configuration at the easy touch panel. In settings under PUMP #1, there are 1-8 for settings and i think i had tinkered too much and accidentally reversed or altered the 1/8 being the pool pump setting and the 2/8 being the spa setting.

I think i shut off the spa setting and changed 1/8 to Pool/Spa. Anyway I set them back and now everything seems to work right.

Honestly though i feel more like i got lucky here so if anyone has anymore info as to how i both screwed it up as well as fixed it, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.