Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I find it clumsy to deal with Pentair CCP filter band: hold everything in position while trying to assemble the 2 washers and spring to get things together. Or when taking things apart have everything go SPROING with parts flying.

So here's my idea to make pool life a bit easier. Just a c-shaped bit of heavy wire. Dimensions are 3" x 1.25". I had an extra wire tent pin, so used that. But I think even a heavy coat hanger would do. Added a tag because in 6 months I'm likely to forget it or throw it away by mistake.
PXL_20240426_215455255.jpg
And here's how you use it:
PXL_20240426_213333198.jpg
Get the band positioned and slide the tool into the ends just so. Now with no hands it's patiently waiting to have the hardware added. Don't forget to slip it out once the nut is well started.

Hope this helps someone else.

I love having a tool for things, but now that you mention it, a long zip tie, or a couple wraps of a shoelace / twine would work also.

But you made a tool, so :salut:

Reactions: JamesW
I love having a tool for things, but now that you mention it, a long zip tie, or a couple wraps of a shoelace / twine would work also.

But you made a tool, so :salut:
Yeah I actually started with a zip tie and then a shoelace. But both need 2 hands. With this I can hold everything in place with one and slip the tool on with the other. I'm not very coordinated... :p

Reactions: Newdude