SoCal
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I am new to pool leak checking. I am losing water and have been for a while. It shows up via bucket test, loss of salt, loss of CYA and in water company hourly use data.

A dye test with the pump off shows exactly 1 return line nozzle sucking in dye. That is, only 1 of the 5 return line nozzles sucks in dye and it does so straight into the nozzle and not at the fitting.

I don't know for sure how it is plumbed, but 3 return line nozzles are on 1 side of the pool and I would guess are linked together near the pool. And the other 2 are on the other side of the pool and also seem likely to be plumbed together close to the pool. The dye sucking nozzle is one of the set of 2.

Does the fact that only 1 nozzle shows evidence of a leak suggest that the leak is very close to the pool? The pump and filter are about 60 feet from the nearest pool edge.

Thanks!!!!

-Jerry

It could be just inside the return jet. I had that happen. See below in my experience and you'll see what I mean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.