Duck in the pool

Ricker

Jun 2, 2021
Toronto
Ok, so we have a pair of ducks that have been returning every few days to our pool. I scared them off initially, but they have gotten smart. They now come early in the morning and leave before we wake. I dont know how to stop them from coming back. We tried floaties, but that doesnt scare them.

In addition to getting rid of them, they poop in the pool. And this morning we found a freshly laid egg in the pool!! Do we need to shock the pool after every poop? Because this will be frequent and we will never be able to use the pool.

So my 2 questions are :

1. Is shocking necessary after each poop?
2. How to get rid of them for good.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you!

LOL, I have the same exact problem. I don't know the technical answer for you questions. I just keep my pool balanced at all times and never "shock" the pool ever. Been working for me all these years.

I bet they made a nest somewhere. I would check your yard closely and hope they haven't laid eggs. Otherwise you are going to have about 10 things pooping in your pool soon.

Ricker,

I have the same basic problem and just don't worry about the water. If you keep your FC at or above your target FC, then you are good..

On the other hand, if you are one of those people that try to keep your chlorine as low as possible, and let it hover around your FC minimum, then I would add some 'insurance' liquid chlorine.

Thanks,

Jim R.

celebrate college football GIF

• Haha
Reactions: clambert1273
It's a plop in the proverbial 10.5k gallon bucket. Keep the FC in target range or above and the pool won't blink.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.