Dry, algae covered pool

Jun 13, 2012
Russellville, AR
Well, I finally took my tarp off and the pool wasn't clean and clear like last year (I think my tarp has some tiny holes in it).

Anyway, I drained the nasty water and moved the pool because I wanted to re-level the ground and piers the legs set on.

Everything is level again, and we've moved the pool back into place, but now I'm not sure about the next steps to clean it.

Do I start filling with water and hooking everything up, and then start SLAMming, or is there something I can do in it's current state to speed things along?

(Plus, I'm not looking forward to getting into a nasty pool to work out the wrinkles as it fills... but I will do whatever I gotta do... :eek:

IMG_1877.jpg

Can you get some help? Two people, one working a high pressure hose or pressure cleaner and the other using a stiff Tampico or nylon brush with bleach to spread, would do a quick job of it. Running a submersible pump in the middle with the discharge hose suctioning out the nasty water would let you work relatively easily. That would be the quickest way to clean it.

Yup.
What Matt said sounds like a way forward. Pressure Washer, Stuff Brush, some bleach and a pump.

Oh, and boots. Rubber ones. Dont forget the boots!

According to Msrs. Guinness the slipperiest material known to man is Teflon, they are actually wrong on that count, it's rubber on wet ice, trust me on that I'am Canadian.... Algae covered wet vinyl is in maybe third place... Suggest doing the floor first, so that you have a "clean" surface to walk on....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.