Drop in salt water chlorinator.

dunginhawk

Bronze Supporter
Jul 10, 2018
CLIVE/IA
edit - removed previous issue.. it was resolved.. when the electrician came to test what might be wrong (free i might add) he swapped the stero and pump plugs which are identical connections.
Im dumb, but finally got it.. back to the SWG :)

Good afternoon folks.
So My hot tub went down about 2 months ago.. Finally got around to diagnosing the issue, and it was the heater.. So I replaced that pain in the butt.
When I was in there I noticed (like every time im in there) the salt water generator is clogged up (needs cleaning)
It is a prozone system.. Prozone - Salt Cell, Prozone Hybrid Salt/Ozone system, w/Terminated Cable, Less Tubing and PZ784 Injector - 600007-4

That thing has been nothing but trouble.. I removed it, and just bypassed the unit... SO its out.

My question is this... for those that may have removed this item, do you just use chlorine and manage it yourself?

I want to look at the drop in generators. They seem easy to clean and I could tuck it behind my filters and it should be fine./.

Anyone use one of those? any recommended?
thanks

Attachments

• 1662925151663.png
    1662925151663.png
    525.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Maddie, I noticed that one when I was hunting for a replacement power supply (& possibly a whole new system) - the main thing I noticed is that it is made in China although it carries the same length warranty as the US made saltron mini .
I have decided it’s a possible contender once I run through all the cells I have.
@dunginhawk if you try out the Briidea model let us know how it goes.
& yes - you just use liquid chlorine to manually dose until you get a new swg. Always follow the FC/CYA Levels 😊

Here’s my recent thread of my saltron mini experience

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.