DRAINED POOL TO CONVERT BACK TO CHLORINE

Hey Jason,
I've got the "Basic Pool Care Schedule" off of TFP and just wanted to make sure I understand a couple of points. Unless things start looking odd or chlorine/pH get goofy, checking TA levels and adjusting weekly should be okay intervals? Also, the TF100xl doesn't have a pH test other than that included in the Taylor 1000 kit that comes with it. In the instructions listed on the TF100 kit lid, it says to check the chlorine & pH with the Taylor 1000 kit but not record the results (I assume this is only for the chlorine test??) it is just for assurance (I believe that's the term it uses). Am I missing a test (I don't believe I am) and am I safe in assuming there shouldn't be a problem relying on the Taylor 1000 results for at least daily chlorine & pH readings?? Sorry if these seem to be stupid questions, but I just hate THINKING I understand something only to find out later (usually when it's too late) that I was wrong. THANKS AGAIN, The pool is STILL beautiful and clearer than I think it's EVER been.

The PH test in the Taylor K-1000 is the best PH test available (at a reasonable price). It is what pretty much everyone uses.

Measuring TA weekly is just fine. Eventually, when you get a sense of how your pool behaves you might even test TA less often than that.

Recording, or not recording results is a personal preference. I prefer to record everything. Every now and then having old test results help clear up some issue, but mostly you don't look at them again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.