Drained hot tub - too late to properly clean it?

I don't know which is worse- your filter being so brown or the green sludge that the Ahh-some brought out. WOW!

You'll feel better about that hot tub next time you enjoy a good soak, huh?

Did the filter clean up or was it tossed?

I tossed it... lol

jjdurrant . . Is that the Ahh-Some product you used ??

That green ring does make me want to clean mine. That's just nasty.

Yep! 2 tablespoons

Ahh-some: It does such a good job it often grosses you out.

jjdurrant: If you got that much out, I would drain and do a repeat treatment to see if you get any more. Toss the filter in the tub while it's churning if you do. It'll help clean the filter as well.

Plan to do a few more treatments!

It's much better to remove the greases, oils, and biofilms from the plumbing and filter and be able to scoop it out and wipe it off the spa surfaces than it is to leave them in the spa where they can create higher chlorine demand or slough off and cause more serious problems (hot tub itch/rash/lung).

Yep. Wiped everything out, drained and refilled twice. First pass was all algae. The second go was more what I expected to see. Darker brown biofilm. I am disturbed I used the tub for two months before using Ahh-some. Ewww. Used 2oz total and plan to get more for the future!!

2ff08eb6a72f528efe150fbd07b59aad.jpg

4982d7614f4e8fd51272748154225f4e.jpg

1ebed559d040ae4f9541be9f0b48265e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took my spa 5 or 6 times cleaning with AWW-some before there was almost no junk left. So buy a lager 6oz cannister and prepare to take some time. Depending on size it simply takes time to drain (flush pump) run and refill.
Now when i swap water i clean it twice. First time with the "old" water, drain, scrug Wall's etc with ahh-some solution, refill, clean, drain, refill. The whole thing including balancing the water (TA etc) takes a day.
Btw don't forget to add sufficient chlorine to the water during cleaning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.