Done with Intex

Happy Dad

Bronze Supporter
Jun 11, 2015
Eastern Nebraska
Intex SWG #1 lasted one year got the dreaded high salt alarm and wouldn't work. Intex SWG #2 lasted 1 year and got the dreaded high salt alarm. Discovered how to hot wire it to bypass the alarm but the dang thing still just wouldn't do the job early this year.

Bit the bullet and bought a CircuPool SJ55 during last weeks fire sale they had running at a great price.
This thing is a chlorine producing monster!!!
12 hours of running the unit at 50% and FC is at 4 after starting from ZERO. Tested CYA and it had dropped to 50 after my dumb Rear left the water running topping off the pool Friday night :)
Added enough to get back to 70 so I'm sure I can drop it to 25% on non use days.

I run my pump 24/7 so I do need to get a timer from Home Depot tomorrow so I don't have to go out and turn it on/off.
Happy Father's Day to me :)

Bye bye intex.

Good decision. Intex is low end equipment.

Good 4 u! Nice upgrade 👍🏻
There was a fire sale? Where? Last I heard swg’s were hard to find & more expensive right now so I haven’t been looking for deals 😩

Good 4 u! Nice upgrade 👍🏻
There was a fire sale? Where? Last I heard swg’s were hard to find & more expensive right now so I haven’t been looking for deals 😩
I was looking at the SJ40 on discountsaltpool which is currently 9% off then I noticed a button, that is still there by the way, that says add SJ55 for only $4 more.
No brainer. $863 for a unit normally priced at a grand or more. 3 days later the big brown truck set it on my door step.

Discount Salt Pool link (click here)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.