Dolphin Triton Motor Issue

stick95

Apr 22, 2023
College Station, TX
I am having an issue where my Triton starts and then stop right away. It is out of warranty, so I pulled everything apart and cleaned everything out and then started it back up again. No dice, same bahavior. So I took at back apart and pulled the motor plugged it all back in and then started it. Same behavior, wheel gear spins for one minute and no impeller spinning. I then decided to test the power supply with a multimeter and I am getting 29.8 volts with no fluctuation, so I assume that is good. So that then unplug the power cord from the motor and test the cord and I am getting 27ish volts. So I am assuming that the problem is in the power cable. Is that the right assumption or it 27 volts to the motor expected? I am asking because a new cord and/or a new motor aren't cheap and I would only rather buy the one part that is failing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Not solved yet. I took it a little further. I found that the Triton needs 24 volts, so I assume that the cable is ok. When I spin the impeller it spins when I twirl it (but not like a top, it stops when there is no pressure). So I took that motor apart and one bearing spins really well, the other spins a little less. Not bad, but not great. So I am going to replace that bearing, which will be sent to me by 5/1. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Not solved yet. I took it a little further. I found that the Triton needs 24 volts, so I assume that the cable is ok. When I spin the impeller it spins when I twirl it (but not like a top, it stops when there is no pressure). So I took that motor apart and one bearing spins really well, the other spins a little less. Not bad, but not great. So I am going to replace that bearing, which will be sent to me by 5/1. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Can you please share the link from the place you ordered the bearings mine start it doing the same thing I took the motor apart and I also noticed the motor brushes were very wear out thanks

I am having an issue where my Triton starts and then stop right away. It is out of warranty, so I pulled everything apart and cleaned everything out and then started it back up again. No dice, same bahavior. So I took at back apart and pulled the motor plugged it all back in and then started it. Same behavior, wheel gear spins for one minute and no impeller spinning. I then decided to test the power supply with a multimeter and I am getting 29.8 volts with no fluctuation, so I assume that is good. So that then unplug the power cord from the motor and test the cord and I am getting 27ish volts. So I am assuming that the problem is in the power cable. Is that the right assumption or it 27 volts to the motor expected? I am asking because a new cord and/or a new motor aren't cheap and I would only rather buy the one part that is failing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Please share your solution and links. I'm facing the same problem with a Triton PS.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.