Dolphin Sigma Stuck on Drain

SteveK52

Bronze Supporter
Mar 11, 2019
Taylors South Carolina
My Maytronics Dolphin M500 has passed on so I purchased the Dolphin Sigma and I am totally disappointed as it continually gets hung up on both of my main drains. It will sit there until the time runs out. Not once in all the time I've owned the M500 has it ever got stuck on the drain. In examining the two units, it appears that the M5000 has a brush in the middle of the bottom where on the Sigma there is no brush. I don't see any Dolphins currently available with that brush in the middle. In searching the web, this appears to be a common problem with a couple of what would seem to be fairly simple fixes. Possibly have the bottom of the robot a little higher up or have the robot sense when it has not moved for some period of time and shut off it suction until it moves. Anybody have solved this problem without having to drain the pool and change out the drain covers? I have already tried turning suction through the drains off, not that that would be an acceptable solution to me.The way this is working right now is of no use to me and if they offered for $100.00 I would not buy it. Very frustrating!

I called them yesterday with my issue with the Sigma getting hung up on the drains and they suggested a fix which involved adding a third brush. They sent me an RMA number and I delivered the Sigma to them this morning in Georgia. The technician said, in order to add the third brush they would have to replace the frame. Should be ready in 3 to 4 days.

I called them yesterday with my issue with the Sigma getting hung up on the drains and they suggested a fix which involved adding a third brush. They sent me an RMA number and I delivered the Sigma to them this morning in Georgia. The technician said, in order to add the third brush they would have to replace the frame. Should be ready in 3 to 4 days.
Very interesting!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How does the sigma now perform with the third brush. Any issues climbing the walls or working around stairs? Does it clean better? I’m also considering sending mine in for a third brush.
No longer gets stuck and no other issues. It has always cleaned very well even without the third brush. Just no longer gets hung up on the drains.

Did you send in your unit to get the third brush? I think I may have to go that route as it gets stuck every time on the stairs. I have double stairs in each side it’s a has the opportunity to get hung up two times and it does every cleaning cycle! Crazy. They need to fix this design ASAP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.