Dolphin SE issue

markayash

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
Well mine is about 3 years old and hoping I am not joining the Dump Dolphin club!

Mine will move forward for about 5 seconds and go backwards 5 seconds and the back lifts like there is no pressure pushing it down..I took the propeller apart and it had a little junk but nothing major.

Is the motor toast? Is it worth fixing or should I take it to a battle bots competition and let them destroy it.

Not sure if my SE was doing the exact same thing, but noticed it was not cleaning well this week. It seemed like the robot was stuck in one place, not moving freely or very far. It was backing up and going forward, but only for a few seconds.

I removed from pool, pulled filters, and used a water hose on the water intake ports. A big blob of leaf material fell out and it's been back to normal since. Resolved so easily I didn't even go down the rabbit hole of YouTube tear down videos.

Not sure if my SE was doing the exact same thing, but noticed it was not cleaning well this week. It seemed like the robot was stuck in one place, not moving freely or very far. It was backing up and going forward, but only for a few seconds.

I removed from pool, pulled filters, and used a water hose on the water intake ports. A big blob of leaf material fell out and it's been back to normal since. Resolved so easily I didn't even go down the rabbit hole of YouTube tear down videos.
Which water intake are you talking about? I did take the cover off and it did have some junk in it but nothing major.

I have rad other post about parts failure and hoped my kept going :( but hopefully it's something simple

Which water intake are you talking about? I did take the cover off and it did have some junk in it but nothing major.

I have rad other post about parts failure and hoped my kept going :( but hopefully it's something simple
I hit the main outlet on lid to make sure it was free, then the two ports (orig called them intakes, that's wrong) on side of robot with robot upside down. I don't actually know where the leaf gunk came from, but I didn't really care.

Reactions: markayash
It seems like the pump motor isn't coming on..Don't know if its a bad motor or something else. I can spin it by hand so not sure what to do at this point.
It goes forward and back and I don't see the normal push of water out the top.
Motor assembly is $450 but I can buy a new Polaris 360 for $579 so have to mess with it more.

The polaris ran off my existing pool pump pressure and ran forever. Didn't get the fine stuff the robot did but I think it did better with leaf's

I bought a used ( looks brand new ) polaris 360 off Mercadi for $210.new ones are $579.

I have rebuilt them a few times so unless I completed scammed should be a good deal

May sell my robot parts and call it a day

I thought the folks having issues were one offs but hard to say

Major bummer. My SE is only 2 years old - but I'd have a hard time going back to the Polaris I had previously.
I'd be curious to run an analysis of booster pump electrical usage for adequate cleaning versus the cost of the robot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So you needed 1700 rpm for the swcg?
would run lower but that give the water fall a good strong stream with all the returns open. Still stays around 330 watts.
Plus I have a lot of tree's and like to filter a lot. especially now in pollen season

Don't get me wrong, I would rather have a robot..Was hoping the folks with issues were flukes but seems I am not alone :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.