Dolphin S300i Didn't Even Last a Year - Non Robot Alternatives?

I think taking it out and storing it somewhere that is air conditioned or something definitely out of the sun probably work fine, I just know my problems pretty much dissapeared when I stopped taking the thing out of the water and it was the seals blowing every time with oil from the oil cooled motors leaking into the water.

Obviously anecdotal and not really definitive. I and many others take it out after each use and store it in an outdoor shed or something similar without any problems whatsoever. With my earlier Diagnostic (which still runs fine) I also pulled it out after every use and had zero problems with the robot (but three power supply failures).

I also leave my A20 in a shed that I store my chemicals in... Should I separate them? Shed is about 15'x8'.
Should I just leave it in the pool?

I wouldn't store electronics with Chlorine.

Chlorine fumes alone can cause tremendous oxidation.

I can't speak as to what each manufacturer recommends - but I wouldn't leave any electronic device in the water " full time".
Id probably leave in 2-3 days take out 3-4 type thing.

UD

I'll have to be a guinea pig on this one as I take it out every time. My weather conditions will go from a summer high of 115F and low humidity all the way down to 32F and comfortable humidity in the winter. I will also get monsoon season daytime variations where the temp will go from 100F to 70F in a matter of 20mins and rain will pour like buckets. My cleaner sits on my back porch under a covered patio with no direct sunlight on it at all during the day. I plan to keep it there. I will certainly report any kind of failures if they occur.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.