Dolphin S200 not up to snuff...alternatives?

PoolStored

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 24, 2021
Ashtabula, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Dolphin DX3 with bags, soldiered through original and only SLAM, finally bought the farm. Was 13 years old. R.I.P.
59215_0_201859175327.jpg

Bought an S200 and it is OK, but does not clean the pool like the DX3. When I watched the DX3, it would suck everything around. The S200 gets some, but just pushes more than sucks. Resorted to buying a blaster, to get what the S200 misses. Didn't need that with the DX3.

Suction specs are similar..
DX3: Suction rate: 4,233 gal (USA) per hour
S200: Suction rate: 4,000 gal (USA) per hour

Don't know if it the door config (2 vs 1), the bag allowed more flow, the climbing rings on the DX3, but the S200 just doesn't do what the DX3 did...

Pool shape, vinyl. The S200 completely misses the deep end corners at the bottom of the acute triangles:
1686103818387.png
I've contacted Marina pool and spa seeking their input.

If you have a robot you love and have this type of pool, post up!

I have the maytronics active 40 and have the same issues. Polaris pressure side cleaner actually performed better to a degree.

Had an old Aquabot T4 Turbo. Came with the pool. Loved it/hated it. Superb cleaning. Hated the bag. Cord tangled relentlessly. It bought the farm this year when the 2nd of 3 motors went out. Decided not to keep replacing parts as they were getting harder to find and more expensive. Kept it for parts though.

Tried out a borrowed Dolphin S200. Had the same problems you have. Couldn't get the corners and the cloud of dirt surrounding it reminded me of "Pigpen". Didn't buy one.

I'm shopping cordless robots now as I hate dealing with a cord and frankly, they're a problem for me.

Tried a Wybot 700 Pro. Figured it couldn't hurt at the price and Amazon 30 day returns. Veerrry slow charging. Wouldn't climb the vertical walls at the deep end. Seemed to get lost traversing upslope to the shallow end. Got stuck on the main drain. Missed the same corners. Sent it back. Believe this these are actually a rebranded older version of Aiper robots.

Tried an Aiper Seagull Pro. First one liked to do backflips when it climbed the walls. On my second now. This one gets stuck on the main drain (the first never did) and backflips more often than not. Sometimes it flips even before it hits the waterline. It's going back as well. I really think it doesn't like vinyl. Had no problems with it cleaning the corners though. If it missed places, it was mostly along the wall the at the upper end of the slope transition. Floor mode it would traverse about a foot up the deep end slopes before backing up.

I'm either going to the Polaris Freedom or I'll bite the bullet and resurrect the old Aquabot. Jim Rhabe has a good review on an EVO from Marina. Considering that as well.

Reactions: RickM21
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.