Ok ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I have a dolphin S200 that’s probably 4 to 5 years old. A couple of days ago we got a whole bunch of rain and I noticed when I went to turn on my cleaner that the GFCI had tripped. This is not the first time that’s happened after a heavy rain. The problem is after I reinstated the power when I turn on my power unit the blue light comes on for about five seconds, then just shut off. The cleaner doesn’t do anything. I took the cleaner out of the pool and made sure there was no obstructions and everything was clean and clear, but it’s still doing it. I’m guessing I may have some serious problems but thought if there’s something obvious I’m missing or I can do I would ask here. The pool cleaner wasn’t running when the GFCI was tripped, if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

If you have a meter you can test the power supply & all the cables etc.
did the power supply get wet?
Here’s a helpful troubleshooting video

Thank you for the reply, I’m quite sure the power supply probably did get wet out in the rain. But it sat out on my Outdoor Kitchen in the rain all these years prior.

I should add now that I unplugged it for 30 minutes and plugged it back in the lights on the power supply unit stay on, but still nothing happening at the cleaner. Looks like I’ll have to figure out how to disassemble that S200 so I can check the end of the cord at the motor to see if it’s getting voltage, if it is I guess that means I have a bad motor. Is it difficult to disassemble the S200 to check this? I see the video that you provided is a bit different model.

Start just as listed in the video- with the power source (120v AC) —> then the power cord itself (120v AC) —> then the amphenol plug (29v DC) —> then proceed to test the other end of the cable.
Here’s how you get to it
The power supply is only water resistant- not waterproof.

So it started working after unplugging for an hour. Worked a few days - Now it has stopped again. This time however there is no light at all at power supply. I of course checked outlet then removed plug from power unit (short cord) and it reads 120v. So power to the power unit- I then checked output (Amohnal plug)but of course the switch does not light up upon pushing on off button. There are only two connection from cord from robot that plug in so I checked those terminal in power unit- get .04 whatever that represents. Am I doing this correctly? Guessing bad power unit.

Last edited:
The fact that I can’t get the power light to come on by pressing the button, makes it difficult to check. The power supply is a couple years older than the robot because the robot was replaced under warranty just before the two year warranty was up so I’m guessing that power supply is at least five years old. My concern is spending money to replace the power supply and knowing that the robot is probably close to the end of life as well. I guess I need to make a decision. My S200 spent a lot of time on my drains - it would always eventually come loose. Any recommendations on a robot that does not get hung up as often on the drains? Also any recommendations where I could check pricing just on a power supply for S200, I may just replace it depending on cost- I need to decide.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Marina pool & spa sells them & many other parts- note that they cannot post their actual price - just msrp - so its best to call or email them.
There’s also ebay for used ones at much lower prices if you’re into taking chances.

I just opened this one up, doesn’t look like there’s much for serviceable parts inside. I disconnected and reconnected all the connections and tried to clean everything up best I could, no results. Just wondering if it’s worth a chance on a power supply, knowing that that robots a few years old? From what I’m reading 3 years is about all the life you get out of an S200?

Many get around 5 years out of their bots- some longer.
It would be great if you could borrow a power supply and try it to be sure that’s the only problem. Some brick & mortar stores do test them.
If you decide to buy a new one altogether you might can sell the bot only on ebay of fb marketplace to recover a little $.
With the 3-5 year thought in mind I decided on a refurbished one from poolpartz & it’s been fine for a bit less coin than new. They have a 1 yr warranty which is extended an additional year by my credit card. Mine is on the end of its 3rd season of daily use.

Thank you for that suggestion, I can’t believe I did not think of that. I called my neighbor and sure enough he has a similar robot so I went to grab his power supply and my robot works. I’m going to let it run a complete cycle to make sure it continues. Looks like I can get by with just a power supply

Look on the Facebook marketplace for used ones as well as ebay - some ebay people offer a small warranty & there’s the eBay guarantee- if they say it works but it doesn’t you can file a claim with ebay.

Reactions: Lykly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.