Dolphin reliability: how long have you had yours without requiring repair?

I have an old Russian made Dolphin that has to be 10 years old or more. It just keeps trucking along. I had to repair the power cable connector and that is it so far. I wonder where the new ones are made?

EDIT: Mine is the Diagnostic. Still working this year!

I am on my 3rd Dolphin. I bought a Dolphin Diagnostic in 2004. The motor went out in just under 3 years and it was replaced under warranty. I used it almost daily during the pool season for 2 more years and got nervous about the motor failing again so I bought a Dolphin Dynamic in 2009. I kept the Diagnostic for a backup. The Dolphin Dynamic died in 2014. It was no longer under warranty so I didn't try to have it fixed. I used the original Diagnostic for the rest of the pool season and I bought a Oasis Z5 in spring 2015. I kept both the Diagnostic and the Dynamic in the pool all the time and I have read that doing that can cause them to fail more quickly.

I haven't had any problems with the Oasis Z5 but I take the it out of the pool and clean the filter after every cleaning cycle now. My original Diagnostic is still going strong and I use this one when I open the pool since I leave it in the pool and run it pretty much non-stop for days until all the dirt is removed. Once things are cleaned up I switch to the Oasis Z5.

I have spent a lot of money on Dolphins but I can't imagine not having one.

DC,

I have two older Dolphin Diagnostics that I bought off of Craig's list.. They were old as dirt when I bought them, and are still going strong. I have installed new tracks and bearings in at least one of them. They are at rent houses and almost never come of the pool except when I take them out to clean the bags.

I have a Dolphin Premier at my house, which I bought before my pool had water in it. So going on three years. It usually comes out of the pool when it is done running, but more because I don't like looking at it rather than I'm worried about it staying in the water.

If any of them fail, I will immediately replace it with another Dolphin.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Not talking about wear parts I'm wondering the percentage of Dolphin bots requiring service. What model do/did you have and how many years of use did you get before it needed repair service?

Mine is going into season four, and working like week one after some recently replaced wear parts, and this is all it has needed so far. Should have replaced these last year, but had much more pressing issues. Dolphin M5, now the Dolphin M/500. The motors in these are rated at 1000 hours but the service center I bought my parts from said with rare exception, they are seeing far more usage than this.

The motors in these are rated at 1000 hours but the service center I bought my parts from said with rare exception, they are seeing far more usage than this.

Rated for 1,000 hours? What does that even mean? So someone is telling you that a device that is typically used for 2-hour cycles is designed for only 500 uses? That seems pretty nonsensical. I have a Diagnostic that's about 15 years old (possibly a few years older). The motor has yet to fail.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.