Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean REVIEW

It's a precaution, whose source is some guy in legal who wants to cover the company, not based on any logical (chemistry) reasoning. If your FC is lower than shock level for your current CYA, there's little chance for any damage to a properly constructed and designed robot. An FC of 4 with 0 CYA is some pretty harsh water and could be bad for the robot. An FC of 4 with 80 CYA barely has any active chlorine that's not bound to CYA. If you send it for warranty work, tell them the FC was never above 4, even if it was. If they really knew what could be bad for a robot chemistry-wise, they'd be more concerned about pH extremes too.

No. The Nautilus Plus 2017 on is very similar otherwise but it has two debris containers not the one large basket style of the S200 twins.

Hello All,
Well I pulled the trigger an purchased a new Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean Item# 99996403-PC it was $669 delivered. I've had it for about a week and it's done about 4 cleanings. In a nut shell I'm satisfied. In-depth review follows.

I see good reviews here and elsewhere. Thanks for also posting the item number. With so many similar sounding names, it is easy to make a mistake. Can you suggest a online store where I can buy this. I am assuming warranty isn't an issue because we have to deal with the manufacturer if there is a problem.

I see good reviews here and elsewhere. Thanks for also posting the item number. With so many similar sounding names, it is easy to make a mistake. Can you suggest a online store where I can buy this. I am assuming warranty isn't an issue because we have to deal with the manufacturer if there is a problem.

I bought mine from Amazon for $685 in Jan 2017. I noticed that their price changes according to seasons. It is time for everyone to open their pools, and the price has went up to $792. I also got the 5% off using their card. Plus if you want you can extend the warranty through Amazon's retailer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Which style is preferred? So confusing with so many options.

They like it to be confusing - harder to compare so you can't just shop on price.

One big basket with one larger opening on the bottom of the machine vs. two smaller inverted "V" containers with two smaller openings on the bottom of the machine. Which is better? Who knows in reality.

On one you take out one container and rinse out four filters. The other, you take out two containers, and rinse out two filters. 1 x 4 = 4 and 2 x 2 = 4. The rest seems almost identical. I'm sure someone could argue for either one having the upperhand. In the end, it's only the individual consumer it matters to.

I'll agree with bmoreswim here. It's kind of like Ford versus Chevrolet versus... etc. If you go with a reputable brand with good reviews on the model, it's going to work well either way. You might find that you prefer one or the other but among robots with good feedback here on TFP, but you can't go too wrong with either choice. Well, unless you get a Dodge. :p

So far it's working well. Every couple of cycles I clean out the filters. So much sand and small pebbles caught in the filters. It did manage to rip off one of my eyeball with cover though. Oops!

It makes a decent attempt at climbing the stairs but has gotten stuck needing rescue.

Overall much better than my MX8 by a long shot. With our 3rd kid here, the extra automation helps a ton. Now to go get a liquidator...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Not sure if I should be happy that I cleaned out a small snake from the filter or concerned that I cleaned out a small snake from the filter. This drought is just brutal.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.