Dolphin Nautilus died...

ad,

As a general rule, if the power supply is working the unit will go through a short test and then just shut off if it sees something wrong.

When the power supply is bad, they tend to do nothing.

Take the unit out of the water and turn it upside down.. Plug it in and turn it on and report what happens, if anything.

Thanks,

Jim R.

My guess would be a bad power supply or the cable from the PS to the unit is broken right inside the connector on the motor. They tend to leak and corrode the connection...

Assuming you have the new switching power supply, I'm not sure you can test the output voltage without the load connected, but you can try. Remove the plug and use a volt meter and see if you can find two pins with about 35 volts between them.

Tomorrow, I'll try mine and see what voltage I can read with the robot disconnected...

Assuming it is a power supply they are about $150 bucks, so a lot less than a new unit. But you really don't want to buy a new PS unless you know for sure the old one is bad. Know any friends with a similar robot??

Thanks,

Jim R.

You should see 24-30V between pins 2 (positive) and 3 (negative) if the power supply is working properly. There is also a tool Maytronics sells that it more or less an LED light on a stick that tells you if the power supply is working.

If the power supply is turning on my bet is the cable having a short somewhere, more than likely either water ingress at the motor connection or in the swivel, or a kink in the cable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.