Dolphin M600 stopped working (2 years old)

pgershon

Gold Supporter
Jul 15, 2012
East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Was away 6 days. Came back and Dolphin wont work at all. Power supply seems to function. Lights work as normal, but the lights on the clearer itself and motor never come on. Acts like it's dead. Any thoughts? Emailed Maytronics and sat on hold for 30 minutes or so.

I am in the same boat with my Quantum! Mine is 3 years old and out of warranty of course. I thought it was the cable, bought a new cable, but still nothing. I'm assuming the motor is dead and if it is, it's probably cheaper to buy a new one than repair it.

I finally reached Maytronics by phone. I am under warranty still. They sent me a Fedex label and I paid for packing to get it to the, They should have tomorrow and I should have coverage. I am guessing its the cord since the lights on the cleaner dont turn on but power supply seems to work, but who knows. I sent them everything but the cradle.

I'll report back when I know more. They said expect 10 day turnaround.

You’re lucky it’s still under warranty. Once the motors die on those robots, it’s not worth it to replace them, it’s better to simply buy new. Given the prices on robots these days, it’s about the most expensive way to clean a pool.

What i your recommendation then for a more cost effective pool cleaner? I have until Aug 2024 on warranty, but could use a backup plan too.

I finally reached Maytronics by phone. I am under warranty still. They sent me a Fedex label and I paid for packing to get it to the, They should have tomorrow and I should have coverage. I am guessing its the cord since the lights on the cleaner dont turn on but power supply seems to work, but who knows. I sent them everything but the cradle.

I'll report back when I know more. They said expect 10 day turnaround.
That is fantastic, glad it's still under warranty!

Ours just failed. The front roller brush assembly just cracked, and it also won't started acting like it just won't turn on also. About the 3 year point. Just dropped it off at a Maytroincs dealer/repair shop. We'll see....
Still covered under warranty. Repair shop has ordered parts. We'll see how long they take to come in. Anyone have experience with this?

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Mine was sent to Maytronice by Fedex ground to PA repair area on Weds. They received Thursday and sent back Friday for Saturday delivery. Assuming I get it tomorrow as scheduled, pretty amazing turn around/. No communication with them so I dont as of now know the issue with it - assuming its the cord between the power supply and the dolphin

Reactions: Technobuyer

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mine was sent to Maytronice by Fedex ground to PA repair area on Weds. They received Thursday and sent back Friday for Saturday delivery. Assuming I get it tomorrow as scheduled, pretty amazing turn around/. No communication with them so I dont as of now know the issue with it - assuming its the cord between the power supply and the dolphin

Most likely they simply swapped out the old motor assembly and put it in a new one. They don’t technically repair anything, they simply swap out what they believe to be a faulty component and then ship it back. Beyond running a simple out-of-water self test of the new motor, there’s no other diagnostics performed.

Ours did that last year. And the year before. It‘s only 3 years old. Last year, it was a few days after the warranty expired and they replaced nearly everything, except the shell. Now it squeaks. We pull it out every night, but I am suspecting it is just limping along.

I should have just sent mine in. I took it to a local designated repair facility. They ordered 4 parts. 1 part came in, 2 are awaiting shipment(meaning they don't have the parts), and I'm unaware on the status of the 4th part. Very dissapointing, especially considering their price, and the fact it's covered under warranty.

Still not fixed. First batch of parts didn't fix it. Been waiting on second shipment of parts for over 3 weeks. Over 6 weeks, during the summer, with my pool cleaner sitting at one of THEIR repair centers. Would never recommend doing business with Maytronics again.

Reactions: Apsuhead
Still not fixed. First batch of parts didn't fix it. Been waiting on second shipment of parts for over 3 weeks. Over 6 weeks, during the summer, with my pool cleaner sitting at one of THEIR repair centers. Would never recommend doing business with Maytronics again.
To close the loop... got the M600 back from repair facility today. Appears to be working fine. Now what to do with the Wybot WY350SP I bought to cover the interim period....

Question for others: How do you remove Dolphin from pool. When it stops in deep end, I gently pull the cord to bring the unit near the surface, then I grab the handle to remove from pool. I wonder if pulling the cord as I do (never hard, never to get device out of water) caused the cord to go bad? Theoretically, if I had my oHpne with me at the pool all the time, I could use the automatic feature to guide the dolphin to me at side of pool, and np pulling of cord would be necessary. Just a thought that goes through my mind frequently when removing device.

My Dolphin Premier did the exact thing at the two ear mark. Thankfully they have a 3 year warranty. I shipped it to the repair place in Duluth GA, with authorization they provided and placed in boX. Sent fedex at UPS store. To make. Along story short after getting a run around with customer service chat, Maytronics was quick to resolve the issue once I filed a BBB complaint in Duluth GA. They promised to send me a brand new one with a new warranty to boot. They honored their promise and I am grateful they did the right thing. The key is to be completely honest with them and to save any copies of chats you had with their online representatives.. I always took screenshots and sent copies to BBB in the complaint. All I wanted was my Dolphin repaired and returned, and now I have a brand new one and to include a new 3 year warranty. Those cleaners aren’t cheap. With tax I think I paid over $1500 two years ago. Good luck! Don’t let them stall the warranty clock out, that’s the oldest trick on the book.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.