Dolphin E70 getting caught on shallow end of pool?

Delray

Oct 25, 2023
Utah USA
Hello, first post - first pool robot. I just got my Dolphin E70 today, and let it run the regular cycle and it has gotten twice on the shelf on the shallow end of the pool. It tries to clean/climb the wall to the waterline and gets horizontal and can't seem to right itself horizontally again. The blue light turns red. I am worried our shallow end is too shallow for this model? The depth is 15" at this shallow end shelf. I could fill the pool another 3" deep and see if that fixes it?
Our pool is new, rectangular 40 x 20' plastered gunite.

Howdy, so my searches here and everywhere have not turned up anything except maybe there is some type of float I can affix or adjust to the device - or more likely, these robots are not really compatible with a shallow shelf (15-18" of water)? . If that is the case, is there a way to keep the E70 out of that area of the pool so it does not end up on it's backside with a red light? @$2K I wish it were like a Roomba - where you could map areas to avoid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.