Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I got this from Marina Pools, and the Prowler 910 info just seems wrong. Isn't the 910 more like the E10? I have an email to them, but not getting any replies. Just wondering what Pentair model was intended. The Prowler 920 is more like the S200, so probably not that. Why does Dolphin make it so difficult?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220829-140133.png
    Screenshot_20220829-140133.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 69
Maytronics makes them and labels the same one differently for other retailers. Dolphin Discovery is an S200, just as is the Pentair Warrior SE.
So they're the same except the paint job and label.
Yes, realize that. It's just the specs for what they have listed for the 910 are totally different (much better) than what's on the Pentair website. I would expect the same $599 unit would have similar specs as shown, but model numbers are not equal.

I think at this point you’re going in circles and you need to just pick one. In all honestly, these robots are basically all the same and will all fail in the same way. You can peruse the specs until you’re blue in the face and it won’t make any difference to the final outcome. If your experience falls within the Bell Curve of robot performance, you’ll get about 5 seasons worth of cleaning out of it before it dies. 3 years if you’re one of the unlucky ones and 7+ years if the gods of fortune are smiling upon you. These Maytronics drive motors are all the same. The only difference is the control board inside and what features are programmed into it. But the key aspect is the same - the motors and/or seals will fail and that failure will cascade to everything else.

Point is Marina says Prowler 910 has weekly timer, 2 hour cycle and 50' cord. Pentair site says it has the one button (E10) type control, 1.5 hr cycle, and 40' cord, so basically an E10, not an E20.

Not sure why a 5 year life should be assumed. My Aquabot is on its 9th year with no repairs and tires have no wear. I plan on removing whatever I buy after use, so lighter is better. I requested info from Marina a week ago, with 2 emails responding to their quote, but still no response. Just seeing if anyone has actually purchased the Prowler 910 to see if Marinas specs are just wrong.

Point is Marina says Prowler 910 has weekly timer, 2 hour cycle and 50' cord. Pentair site says it has the one button (E10) type control, 1.5 hr cycle, and 40' cord, so basically an E10, not an E20.

Not sure why a 5 year life should be assumed. My Aquabot is on its 9th year with no repairs and tires have no wear. I plan on removing whatever I buy after use, so lighter is better. I requested info from Marina a week ago, with 2 emails responding to their quote, but still no response. Just seeing if anyone has actually purchased the Prowler 910 to see if Marinas specs are just wrong.

I would not compare your AquaBot, manufactured nearly 10 years ago, with what’s on the market today. Also, the Maytronics drive motor design is very different from your AquaBot so it’s not a good measuring stick. Use and care will have some impact on lifetime but only incrementally. What we’re seeing through anecdotal evidence on the forum is that robots manufactured in the last 10 years seem to have min/avg/max lifespan of 3/5/7+ years. Robots manufactured just before and during the pandemic seem to be suffering from earlier failures. 5 years is a conservative estimate of the useful life.

Reactions: guinness
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.