Gold Supporter
Jul 25, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've been seriously contemplating a robot cleaner...I'm just over always manually vacuuming by hand. My local Walmart has the E10 on sale for under $600 and it gets pretty good reviews. My local pool store has the Active 15 for $825. From what I've read online both of these cleaners will work in above ground pools, but only the Active 15 will climb the walls?

The big question...will robot cleaners work on little piles of dead algae peppered around the bottom of my pool? Many of the forum messages I read on here, and those of you who've been kind enough to respond to my newbie questions on this topic, say that robot cleaners will work on piles of dead algae, yet...my local pool store says they won't? Usually, it's the other way around...pool store tries to sell me stuff that all of you say to avoid! LOL So, that said, if robot cleaners do work on dead algae why wouldn't my local pool store wanna make $825 off of me? Seems rather odd lol

Thanks!

Depends on what filters you have. You need the pleated ultra fine filters to collect any fine debris. I suspect they come with what are fine screens or even spring filters.
Check with Marina Pool Spa in Denver. They usually supply the pleated filters in addition to the screens in their package.

Not sure climbing the walls is really necessary with a vinyl ABG pool?

The e10 may climb the wall but it isn’t designed to do so like the active.
The e10 is an internet model & only has a 1 yr warranty I believe.
The ones sold by brick & mortar stores have the full warranty.
No robot/vacuum will eliminate an algae problem even if it mechanically removes it -it will return, that’s a chemistry issue that requires the SLAM Process to eliminate.
However, Having the fine filters installed should help with capturing fine debris. It is an add on often sold separately.

Reactions: tseger31
I'm curious about the Dolphin pleated ultra fine filters. Are they difficult to hose off? I had returned an Aquabot because the filter was cloth like rather than mesh like. It was very hard to get clean because fine needles and burrs would stick to it. You had to pull stuff off by hand. I like ultra fine mesh much better (my old Aquabot 4WD has this and cleans off easily).

Not difficult. I only use the pleated filters. I get wet when cleaning them off. But otherwise pretty easy and quick.

Reactions: tcat
Its definitely an art to do it without getting splashed a little but they come clean as a whistle.
I do use the original basket when there is going to be a storm because there’s usually alot of leaves & stuff but then I switch back & usually run it again to be sure i get everything.

Reactions: tcat
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.