Doing some research for possible pool purchase

If you are looking at getting a SWG you will need to switch to muriatic acid to lower pH. The sulphites in pH down will shorten the life of the titanium plates in the SWG. The SWG tends to cause pH to drift up over time, and if you add any features like a fountain or anything that adds lots of splash that also help drive up pH.
OK, SWG needs it. Great, thanks!

It looks like we are leaning toward an AG pool ... we really can't justify the cost of an IG. We're going to go over the finances 1 more time but the difference in price can equal quite a few vacations! I really do appreciate all the info everyone put here.

You can build a really nice AGP with deck for a fraction of an inground pool. You might even want to look into partially burying the pool to give it more of an inground look. You can also get expandable liners if you want to make the pool a little deeper. You still have lots of options with an AGP.
Thanks, the deck was something my wife regretted not putting in with the last pool.

I am too short to reach to vac over the sides of the pool & my knees & cankles can’t take the ups & downs of a ladder so a deck & wedding cake steps was a must have.
#rheumatoidshortpeopleproblems … 🤣

Reactions: VinnyinNJ and zea3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.