Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

How often does one need to replace wear parts on the robot? The owners manual really sucks and does not spell out much of anything at all.
The answer really is "when they wear out." That said, my original Dolphin Diagnostic has never had any parts replaced and is still going strong (not that I ever use it anymore). My S300, now in season 3 with near-daily use is 100% intact. Using the caddy really helps because the roller nubs don't flatten like they would if it was placed on the ground. This generation of water-propelled also seems to have fewer parts and should be easily fixed if needed. Once again, set it, forget it and don't worry about future issues until they become issues.

How deep is your tanning ledge? In my opinion, it is pretty worthless on that front. Bad on Maytronics for not clarifying this outright. Wish I would have spent the extra $50 on the M series without the bells and whistles.
My ledge is about 18 inches deep.

Our platform is about 16" deep and "Bob" a S200 model was all over it today, did a great job too. The first day it wouldn't climb up on the platform, but today it's a different "Bob". Kinda funny sometimes he does a Wheelie across the entire ledge. I want to call out to him when he's heading off the ledge. LOOK OUT.
The Filter Basket cleaning couldn't be any easier. Wow. Rinse and go . Very Happy we adopted a robot.
Ron

Bob was up early this morning cleaning the sunning shelf.
Kyra dropped her bone in the water next to Bob in hopes that he would play with her...........Just throw it a little.......Please! Bob has a stellar work ethic, no time for play dog.
Ron

Attachments

• Bob Step.jpg
    Bob Step.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 303
  • Kyra and Bob.jpg
    Kyra and Bob.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 302
Does anyone use their robot while the solar cover is still on the pool? Seems to me it should be ok as long as there is enough cord in the pool.

I have a slightly different model than some here, the Nautilus Plus, but I use mine with the solar cover all the time. I toss the cord in under the cover after the robot, so it doesn't have to pull it through the gap.

The only issue is that my robot probably gets hung up on the corners of the steps/seat about 25% of the time, but this gets worse when the cover is on because it can't flip off the step as easily with the cover in the way. So a decent number of cleaning cycles end early with him hung up on his side. Not a huge deal, I just toss him back towards the middle and turn him back on.

Has anyone seen these lower than $699 lately? Reading this whole thread (which I’ve done more than once :D) I see that they were less in the past and refurbs could’ve been had as low as $500 over the past year or two. Refurbs are the same price or more as new in the past month or two that I’ve been watching prices. My pool is almost ready for one and I’m certainly tired of vacuuming with the skimmer connected manual vac!

Has anyone seen these lower than $699 lately? Reading this whole thread (which I’ve done more than once :D) I see that they were less in the past and refurbs could’ve been had as low as $500 over the past year or two. Refurbs are the same price or more as new in the past month or two that I’ve been watching prices. My pool is almost ready for one and I’m certainly tired of vacuuming with the skimmer connected manual vac!

As someone who recently finished shopping for a robot, I can tell you that you are not going to find a better price than that. You might better hop on it before the rebate goes away and you have to pay sales tax.

Just got an S200 from local store last weekend, and the store where I got it will forego the $75 shop fee for the life of it. I ran it and am amazed at how much more silt and dirt that it picked up after running my Polaris for 5 hrs. I wanted to do a comparison to see if it would pick up more stuff and it certainly did. My booster pump has been leaking since we moved in about a yr. ago and recently the lines started deteriorating/leaking in a few places, so I figured it was time for a change. It's much quieter not having 2 pumps running.....next project is to replace the old 2hp challenger pump with a variable or 2 speed.

Congrats on the new purchase...I love mine and so easy to clean. Try it with mesh filter a few times then use the pleated filter...what an eye opener!

I considered the VS pump and decided on the 2 speed. 2 speed was a good choice for us but there are lots of positives on the VS pump...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can help you out here. On your model, only those 2 buttons should work.

Regarding the caddy, there is a plastic insert piece that goes across the back portion of the caddy (I circled it in yellow in the pic) to raise the rear portion of the unit up so it doesn't rub the wheels. If you bought the older model caddy, there are 3 additional pieces you have to buy to convert it to fit your new unit. Look at the picture I attached and you will see the 3 pieces I circled. These are the 3 additional pieces that are needed to convert the caddy to the newer model to fit your unit. The piece that is circled in yellow is the piece that you need to give it the extra bit of height for wheel clearance. To attach it, you simply just push it down until it pops in place in the middle.

The power supply was also moved on the newer unit which now hangs off the top piece that I circled in red (top small red circle). On the older model caddy the power supply box would drop in the bottom portion where the bigger red circle piece is covering it now. On the newer caddy, you will need that cover (biggest red circle at bottom) to insert over the hole area, this is where the cord wraps around now. Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Maytronics also knows exactly which 3 pieces are needed and you can get it from them directly.

View attachment 81462

Great information here...I bought the only caddy available from Doheny's, which apparently was the older model. I try to get the additional conversion parts from Maytronics to switch it over. Thanks again!

Just got my S200 from Marina yesterday. Was excited and had my 3, 4 year old to watch the miracle, dropped it in the water and hit start, nothing moves! Took the robot out of the water and I can hear the motor but still no movement.

Just called Marina and let's see what they can do for me. I have to say we are a little disappointed.

Just got my S200 from Marina yesterday. Was excited and had my 3, 4 year old to watch the miracle, dropped it in the water and hit start, nothing moves! Took the robot out of the water and I can hear the motor but still no movement.

Just called Marina and let's see what they can do for me. I have to say we are a little disappointed.

Accept nothing less than a brand new unit. No way to start off for sure.

Oh no that is terrible sunpole...

Are you using an extension cord by chance? Is the plug you are using GFCI? Was this a new or refurbished/used unit? Sorry I had to ask...

I wish I could find it but I know I read somewhere that there was an issue with extension cords...I will keep looking!

Yes extension cord, yes GFCI, new unit, paid $699.
They agreed to charge my card again and sent a new one. They will refund my return.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.