Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Just curious... hose tangling has been a bother for some people. I don't know how my cord was originally unwound, so I wonder about it.

With most new flex, wound product, it's easiest to work with the cable or pipe when it's spun off on a tangent to the original coil, then laid flat. If it comes off the coil sideways/perpendicular it retains a twist. Garden hoses usually show the effect.

So speaking of robot cords that are originally unrolled onto the ground without any twisting and left to lay flat for a while, do they have any less trouble with tangling in the pool?

The opposite would be, was your coiled cord chucked in the pool still wound, and then sorted over time? Did that make no difference?

With mine, it always winds in the same direction so pre-winding the cable in the opposite direction seems to help.

However, laying out the cable straight and flat ends up with a worse twist.

OK - I'm a new owner of the Doheny Discover. I've used it twice so far but noted that only 2 buttons on the controller works (on/off and the 1/2/3 cycles). Is that right? It seems to do an OK job moving around the pool, no issues with the cord.

I bought a caddy from Doheny, but it doesn't seem to fit the power pack correctly and I cannot push back the robot all the way otherwise the wheels on the caddy rub against the tracks on the robot. Not happy with the caddy, but it probably was the wrong one.

OK - I'm a new owner of the Doheny Discover. I've used it twice so far but noted that only 2 buttons on the controller works (on/off and the 1/2/3 cycles). Is that right? It seems to do an OK job moving around the pool, no issues with the cord.

I bought a caddy from Doheny, but it doesn't seem to fit the power pack correctly and I cannot push back the robot all the way otherwise the wheels on the caddy rub against the tracks on the robot. Not happy with the caddy, but it probably was the wrong one.

I can help you out here. On your model, only those 2 buttons should work.

Regarding the caddy, there is a plastic insert piece that goes across the back portion of the caddy (I circled it in yellow in the pic) to raise the rear portion of the unit up so it doesn't rub the wheels. If you bought the older model caddy, there are 3 additional pieces you have to buy to convert it to fit your new unit. Look at the picture I attached and you will see the 3 pieces I circled. These are the 3 additional pieces that are needed to convert the caddy to the newer model to fit your unit. The piece that is circled in yellow is the piece that you need to give it the extra bit of height for wheel clearance. To attach it, you simply just push it down until it pops in place in the middle.

The power supply was also moved on the newer unit which now hangs off the top piece that I circled in red (top small red circle). On the older model caddy the power supply box would drop in the bottom portion where the bigger red circle piece is covering it now. On the newer caddy, you will need that cover (biggest red circle at bottom) to insert over the hole area, this is where the cord wraps around now. Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Maytronics also knows exactly which 3 pieces are needed and you can get it from them directly.

caddy2.jpg

Well I got my s200 pool Roomba. I had been previously using a suction side poolvergnuegen. It ran nightly and I have a vs pump so a few hours on high speed then like 3 hours on low. So my pool is fairly clean. I'm really skeptical of this robot. It's been going for about an hour now and I'm convinced there is absolutely zero logic built into it. I got it to mainly do the walls so I guess we will see how it does but call me skeptical.

First cleaning with the 30i last night. I am a bit dissapointed in it and wish I would have spent more time researching. Apparrantly it does NOT do stairs or tanning ledges. I couldn't even get it up on the tanning ledge using my cell phone. Not much I can do now I guess.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First cleaning with the 30i last night. I am a bit dissapointed in it and wish I would have spent more time researching. Apparrantly it does NOT do stairs or tanning ledges. I couldn't even get it up on the tanning ledge using my cell phone. Not much I can do now I guess.

Tanning ledges/stairs are not a strong suit for any cleaner. They are often irregular and when you look at the configuration of a lot of stairs then it's obvious a robot won't be effective. I find it a very small tradeoff in light of the overall effectiveness of these cleaners. What I and most others do is to give these a quick brush to clear them of dirt before starting the robot. Adds less than 2 minutes to the overall cleaning process.

Tanning ledges/stairs are not a strong suit for any cleaner. They are often irregular and when you look at the configuration of a lot of stairs then it's obvious a robot won't be effective. I find it a very small tradeoff in light of the overall effectiveness of these cleaners. What I and most others do is to give these a quick brush to clear them of dirt before starting the robot. Adds less than 2 minutes to the overall cleaning process.

I understand. Just disappointed because my expectations were pretty high. I also had to go out and drive it around manually after it was done because it didn't get everything. All while the wife is standing behind me squawking about how I said this thing would be the end all be all.

I understand. Just disappointed because my expectations were pretty high. I also had to go out and drive it around manually after it was done because it didn't get everything. All while the wife is standing behind me squawking about how I said this thing would be the end all be all.

I have yet to see ANY cleaner do stairs perfectly like you are describing. They simply cannot due to shape irregularity. I have 3 seating ledges and a pool bubbler pad...all I do is sweep them with the brush real quick and poof...clean! Takes all but 30 seconds to do. Sometimes I'll have to run the unit twice (2 cleaning cycles) to get everything, but the first cleaning cycle usually picks up at least 95-100% of debris on the bottom.

Stop driving it around. Just hit a second cycle. This is a tool to simplify your life and free up your time. Let it do its thing and if there's a spot or two that it missed, let it run again. You should tell your wife that after three seasons of use my wife still loves ours ad would buy another in a second if ours failed. We previously used an older Dolphin with a collection bag that was such a pain to clean that we often manually vacuumed.

Our S200 showed up Yesterday, we've been anxiously awaiting it's arrival. Like a new member of the family............
We originally wanted to name him Sven, but he looks like a Bob. We're waiting for the chlorine level to drop after SLAMing the pool to clear it after our weeks vacation with a broken cleaner.
CH is too HOT for Bob now, but soon he will learn to sink or swim. Maybe both. Tomorrow if it's close to 4ish PPM . I have 40 PPM CYA and mostly understand the relationship to CH.
Pictures to follow.
Ron

Stop driving it around. Just hit a second cycle. This is a tool to simplify your life and free up your time. Let it do its thing and if there's a spot or two that it missed, let it run again.

^^^ This x2! Best advice so far. You are thinking wayyyy too much into it. If there are still a few spots it missed after the first cleaning cycle (which happens), simply walk over to the power supply and press the start button again and let it run a 2nd cycle and be done with it. Driving it around is going eventually drive you crazy lol.

Stop driving it around. Just hit a second cycle. This is a tool to simplify your life and free up your time. Let it do its thing and if there's a spot or two that it missed, let it run again. You should tell your wife that after three seasons of use my wife still loves ours ad would buy another in a second if ours failed. We previously used an older Dolphin with a collection bag that was such a pain to clean that we often manually vacuumed.

This. I also make sure the pump is off when my robot is running as per the manual for my previous robot.

^^^ This x2! Best advice so far. You are thinking wayyyy too much into it. If there are still a few spots it missed after the first cleaning cycle (which happens), simply walk over to the power supply and press the start button again and let it run a 2nd cycle and be done with it. Driving it around is going eventually drive you crazy lol.

Understood. That said, I suffer from a bad case of OCD. It drives me absolutely crazy to see any debris in the pool whatsoever. I bought the robot because I had this illusion that my pool would be perfectly clean. I guess I will just run it everyday.

How often does one need to replace wear parts on the robot? The owners manual really sucks and does not spell out much of anything at all.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.