Doheny Cartridge filter review

Chief2505

Silver Supporter
Jul 7, 2022
West TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I had looked for reviews on here for the Doheny Cartridge filter setups. The one I purchased 425 sq ft was $600 less than a pentair of the same size.
The Doheny price also included shipping. I received my unit 2 business days after ordering it. It seems solid and is heavier than I thought. Installing was easy with the supplied 2" couplings.
In reading through the manual I found a place that said "Only use original Hayward parts when repairing or servicing your unit" That statement tells me that Hayward manufactures the Doheny cartridge filter kit.
As for the cartridges themselves...time will tell how they perform but you can the filters anywhere.

Reactions: Newdude
In reading through the manual I found a place that said "Only use original Hayward parts when repairing or servicing your unit" That statement tells me that Hayward manufactures the Doheny cartridge filter kit.

Interesting.

Thanks for the review.

Thanks for the write up. As much as I love my Sta-Rite tank, it's $2407 at Dohney's. (Although it's been on sale for a while for $2166). But still. I wouldn't pay that today, it's outrageous. At the height of the shortages it was $1650 and I paid it because everything else was a months long wait.

Interesting. It looks to me like the XtremepowerUS 425 filter looks exactly like the Doheny 425 filter. The top of those looked diff to me than the Hayward. XtremepowerUS was much less $$ than the Doheny. Wonder what the instructions say that come with the XtremepowerUS cartridge filter says?

Attachments

• Doheny 425.jpg
    Doheny 425.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Xtreme 425.jpg
    Xtreme 425.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.