Apr 26, 2021
Discovery Bay, CA
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Moved from here.
First off sorry for digging up a 2 year old thread....
I was searching for doggie run area ideas with folks with pools, as we are under construction now...and stumbled across this thread. Our Rottweiler is part beaver and has chewed everything she can in our yard....we had an idea to install the dog run on our side yard as there is a doggie door to the garage for shade and shelter. But that side yard now houses our pool equipment, I would bet my next paycheck our dog would chew through the wires, piping, valves, pump, and/or heater in the first week. Our equipment was just installed this weekend, so this is fresh in my mind.

Fortunately we have an old Regalo Baby Fence that we plan to surround our equipment with for now until I build something more permanent. Hope this works because my heart would sink if equipment got chewed before we even have water in the pool.

And of course the required kiddo and dog shot.
Dogs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cena_sea
Cute kiddo! Nice looking dogs!

For Beaver dog fence-how will you anchor it into the ground? He is a big one so could bulldoze that fence if it is not anchored in.

If you think he would "listen" to an underground fence collar you could get one and attach it to the fence instead of hiding it in the ground. MUCH easier to do and maintain.

I keep our six dogs separated in a kennel area overnight. It's chain link and I have gates on each side for access or egress as needed. This also keep them away from the pool equipment. For areas that I fear they would dig, or have in the past, I bought additional wire (like chicken wire only harder) from the local hardware store, attached it to the bottom of the chain link, then buried some of it underground. This way they see that there is a barrier at the ground level. Fortunately its not my GS that likes to dig, but the little dogs who, while not as destructive, are more creative like little moles.

I ended up installing the gate last night...didn't take pictures, but i think it will work perfectly. Where the equipment was installed, we have already a permanent 2 sided fence. I used the included wall anchor points to bolt to the fence posts, and short rebar leftovers to keep the gate from getting pushed towards the piping.

Today is their first day solo in the side yard, so we will see how it holds up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.