Dog Days of Winter

bk406 said:
You get used to the cold. When we get a 50 degree day in Feb or March, it feels like 80 after it's been 20 degrees for several weeks.

Yeah, that's kinda like when I'm broke and then I get a dollar I feel like I am rich :roll:

What are you smoking, man?! Trying to convince me 50 is warm!!! Ain't gonna happen! Did you fall on your head this week? I am really worried about you :cool:

I'm going to leave you in your "warm" weather, and I'll stay here in mine :party: :goodjob:

What pool??
1z5mfjo.jpg

rrlhdf.jpg

Just to bump the thread.

Are all you snow bound people still snow bound? I still have 2 feet in my yard and a foot of snow and ice on the pool. We got another 4 inches yesterday, and expect an 1 inch of rain today. I've already pumped water off the loop-loc once. Looks like i'll do it again this evening before it freezes up solid tonight. We still have march to get through but I dont think it will ever end. Some of the snow on the north side of my house may be there in mid april. I dont even see any sign of the ponds starting to thaw either. Usually by now you start to see the ice turn opaque and slightly black. Thats a sure sign of the ice break. None yet :evil:

I was hoping to get opened up around april 18th, but we really need some upper 50's and sun with lows at least higher than 25 degrees, consistently. I dont see it on the accuweather 15 day forcast yet :x
This winter stinks.

We still have a couple of inches in SW Iowa. It had all melted away with a warm snap we had...I had to keep reminding myself...it's only mid Feb...winter is not over yet :(
And then another snow storm over last weekend.

I come here and look at everyones awesome pools...and drool :)

My property line on the north side is about 2 feet from the next door neighbors driveway. When he blows his driveway, he puts all that snow over on me. As a result, i have a huge pile of now ice on my entire north lawn. It's waste high down the entire north side. I havent been able to use my side porch or my north side back yard gate since christmas. :rant:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.