lillypad84

Jan 12, 2024
Chandler, AZ
Hi! I just moved from Seattle to Phx and am renting a house with a pool for the first time. Yay!

But I don’t know if what I found is actually normal or if I’m getting jerked around.

Landlord said pool was filled 4 months ago and that the issues are not agile or slime because it’s too cold for that. And that it’s old plaster that probably needs to be replaced. The house was built in 1990 and I have no idea when the plaster was last done.

I‘ve attached photos and looking for advice. I don’t want to harp on this with the landlord if it’s fairly normal….but frankly it looks gross.

TIA for your help!!

ETA: Im not worried about the leaves and debris - I know that’s normal!

Attachments

• IMG_4324.jpeg
    IMG_4324.jpeg
    692.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4325.jpeg
    IMG_4325.jpeg
    547.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4329.jpeg
    IMG_4329.jpeg
    443.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4326.jpeg
    IMG_4326.jpeg
    413.4 KB · Views: 37
Welcome to TFP.

From the pics it looks like old stained plaster.

The real question is what is the water chemistry? Do you have a test kit to check the water chemistry?

Who is responsible for the pool water chemistry in your rental?

How long will you be in the house?

If you are taking over the pool care then read…

Reactions: Mdragger88
Why was it drained?

What was done while it was drained?

Ask the owner when the pool was last plastered.

Ask the owner for the name of the company that services the pool and see what they can tell you.
That pool needs an acid wash badly that tile looks from mid 90’s to early 2000’s I know a lot of people on this forum don’t endorse acid washes but that’s the only way that plaster is going to look any better I would have to see that in person to give a better assessment pictures can be hard to tell the true extent of the condition of the plaster

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.