Does the BBB method save me money?

At the pool store they recommended me a saltwater generator, but i was curius about the electricity kost of running one and if it would me worth it getting one because we also have high electricity rate

TCJ4 said:
At the pool store they recommended me a saltwater generator, but i was curius about the electricity kost of running one and if it would me worth it getting one because we also have high electricity rate
http://www.tdchlorinators.com.au/bleach1.php

I Imagine if you just plug in the florins instead of dollars it will still give you the comparison.

Maybe later in the season i'll start experimenting with bleach i'll start checking prices but for now i think i'll stay with the 3"tablets.

I use 1x3" tablet a week and i had always got a fc of 3ppm.

TCJ4 said:
I justed started to fill yesterday.so 0 CYA

Just be careful, with your size pool it can get out of hand fast. Of course if you drain every season and refill that always helps.

But even if you do, all of a sudden you could have a runaway CYA, use the pool calculator to see the proposed impact to give you a better idea.

I've been curious about cost as well. I'm getting 96 oz of bleach for about $1.49. Obviously if I have to use a lot of that per month - it adds up. I'm the cheapest person on the planet so sure I'd love to get my pool down to $10/month or something crazy but I don't think that's realistic.

What I focus on is the fact that the Pool Story (not a typo, I swear they just make it up as they go along) sold us hundreds - literally HUNDREDS - of dollars in chemicals to try and fix a problem they helped create in the first place. When I finally had enough I shopped locally, spent $3 and $5.99 respectively, and cleared up my pool water using the BBB method almost overnight.

So ... at last count I was in the area of $500 plus for crumby water or ... Less than $9 (I haven't used all the product yet) to end up with clear water?

I like this math. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.