Does anyone else get angry at the pool store when they are talking to customers?

crocop

May 5, 2016
Toronto
I had to go to the PS to pick up a new skimmer basket today, and I was waiting nears the part section of the shop that also performs the water testing.

I saw a poor lady test her water, and then get up-sold everything from phosphate solutions, to algecide to calcium softening agents since her test results were "poor".

I'm sure they sold her $150 worth of stuff, and I REALLY felt like jumping in and telling her about this website and to not buy any of that junk. And surprising (not really), the next guy that came to test his water also had "poor" water.

Finding this site is the best thing to happen to my pool life :)

Actually, I have a lot of people that ask me to send them business cards for Troublefreepool.com...I have some. You can email me at [email protected] and I can send you some TFP cards. Just make sure you let me know that you want some TFP cards. Rebecca

Rebecca, you should add a check box on the tft order list for those: "TFP business card for handing out in parking lot to anyone you see pool-stored"

On my visit today I asked two questions.
is there a thermometer that is more accurate than the other?
is there an option for my whale brush that keeps coming off the end of the pole?

response was

I have no ides to both

dirfrmr

I don't get angry but I do feel so bad for those customers, I also literally want to wait for them in the parking lot to mention the website but I just feel that some people might look at you crazy and probably accuse you of stocking them lol.... last week I went to the pool store, they sold this lady like $200 plus of chemicals, and I remember the employee telling her you have to dump 1ft and fill back up adding chemicals after every dump, she said do it 3 times and bring a sample in again and we will tell you what to add next... its very hard to listen to their recommendations after being used to the TFP way...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I go to my pool store every 2 weeks for bleach refills all summer long. I usually try to go when it is empty, but sometimes end up there when it is backed up. An amazing percent are just there for jug refills too, but most of the rest are pool shopped, but seemingly happily so... with only a couple a year frustrated. Having been pool stored for years, with only minor consequences in my case, I just let them figure out their own stuff. I mean - TFP is here, almost any basic searching for pool problems will land you here. They trust their pool people like they trust their mechanic, pest control, plumber, cable person, electrician, and ac people. It might cost you more, it might leave you less safe, but in general, it won't kill you - so whatever. I really only TFP someone if they have a party coming up or say they have been doing what they asked and still green. then I TFP them since pool store can't get it done. Selfishly, I want them to stay in business, so all us TFP'ers in the area keep getting our cheap, ridiculously cheap bleach, in refillable jugs, which for you green-freaks is super eco-friendly :) and for me - keeps my recycling bins not overflowing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.