Does a Salt Cell know when it needs replacement?

So last night my CL was 33 ppm. This morning it was 27. Is that a lot to lose over night? The water is crystal clear. Do I add more CL right away or wait till tonight again?
Your situation is the exact same situation that led me to TFP. Be patient with the SLAM and finish it to the end or else the SWG will never be able to keep up with the chlorine demand. It took my pool 5 days of following the SLAM article to a T and I thought my water was clear before I started the SLAM.

Yes, from 33 to 27 overnight is a lot to lose. Make sure the FC level stays above the shock level for your pool at all times. I suggest a few points above the shock level each time you need to add chlorine. The SLAM will go faster if you don't let the FC drop below the shock value, but don't raise it too high as that can do some harm to your pool and equipment.

Your situation is the exact same situation that led me to TFP. Be patient with the SLAM and finish it to the end or else the SWG will never be able to keep up with the chlorine demand. It took my pool 5 days of following the SLAM article to a T and I thought my water was clear before I started the SLAM.

Yes, from 33 to 27 overnight is a lot to lose. Make sure the FC level stays above the shock level for your pool at all times. I suggest a few points above the shock level each time you need to add chlorine. The SLAM will go faster if you don't let the FC drop below the shock value, but don't raise it too high as that can do some harm to your pool and equipment.

Just did my night time test. 24ppm. How imperative is it I reach 28 or 31. My CYA was right between 70-80. Should I run out and add a bit?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.