Do you buy new testing kits annually?

Versati1ity

Jul 18, 2020
Kenosha, WI
Hi all,

I bought a Taylor K2006 last year and used it through the season. I'm opening the pool this week and notice that R-0871 FAD-DPD Titrating Reagent as well as R-0870 DPD Powder are expiring in July. Do you guys just buy replacements for expiring testing chemicals or buy a whole new kit annually? The rest of the chemicals don't expire until 2022. Thanks!

I used to buy reagents as they were consumed or expired. But I always bought too much of one, and ran out of something else.

This year (just last week!) I threw everything away and bought a refill kit for my TF-100.

That said - if I only needed powder and R-0871, I would probably just buy those two to finish out this season.

Reactions: Versati1ity
I used to buy reagents as they were consumed or expired. But I always bought too much of one, and ran out of something else.

This year (just last week!) I threw everything away and bought a refill kit for my TF-100.

That said - if I only needed powder and R-0871, I would probably just buy those two to finish out this season.
You can buy bulk refills on Amazon

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.