Gold Supporter
Jul 23, 2021
Atascadero, Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
It seems that robots with the ultra fine filters handle routine vacuuming - is this pretty much true? Also, Say you treat for phosphates with PR10000 will they handle cleaning up that sediment?

I have had a robot since May 2017. I have never vacuumed the pool since. No need.

No idea on phosphates, no reason to bother with them.

I manually vac’d my last pool and with heavy sentiment (like at opening) it would need several rounds. So the robot needing extra rounds would be no different. Except the press a button and walk away for 2 hours part. WAY more user friendly with a robot. :ROFLMAO:

Followup question: Do robots supplant brushing?

My robot-like Polaris Quattro has the same kind of scrubbers that robots have. I know I have to brush (and hand-vacuum) where the Quattro can't go, but must I brush the floor & walls where it does go?

Robot as a substitute for brushing?
in my opinion no.
My e10 w active brush does pretty well, but if I brush after there is a slight dust up.

Might be a reason why someone slams and only has the robot brushing and the slam takes longer.

The robot doesn't offer the amount of elbow grease necessary to break the bio film....in my personal opinion.

Robot as a substitute for brushing?
in my opinion no.
My e10 w active brush does pretty well, but if I brush after there is a slight dust up.

Might be a reason why someone slams and only has the robot brushing and the slam takes longer.

The robot doesn't offer the amount of elbow grease necessary to break the bio film....in my personal opinion.

My 2nd year of Warrior SE bot. Lovin' it! And - my 2nd year of continuing manual brushing, although only once a week. Maybe next year I will stretch that out to every 2 to 3 weeks? Old habits die hard? I'm too old to teach new tricks? Work smarter, not harder?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.