Do I need to Cover Intex Sand filter Pool Pump in the Rain/If Yes need ideas help!

montvm

Jul 6, 2017
Danielson
Hi Guys-

Just purchased a Summer Waves Elite Pool and in the process of replacing the crappy filter/pump that it comes with with an intex (28651EG) (3000GPH sand filter)

I am reading the manufacturers guide and it say Not to leave the pump out in the rain. Well darn it all, i am trying to make this pool a permant year around type of deal. What exactly does everyone here do about this that have intex pool pumps. Is there a good way to cover it up permanently that will also give it enough room to not overheat, and will be easy access to the pump? I am looking for ideas, and or a way to cover it where i could be a type of cover that is already built or manufactured.

I would love any ideas suggestions, pictures. Spam me with your setups for this.

BTW a ton of great information on this site, glad that i found it!

Mike

That's a load of baloney. Intex manuals must be written entirely by lawyers. They don't want you running the pump while swimming either. The first thing I do when I get in is turn the pump on.

The only time I ever protected my Intex pump from the weather was when I stored it over the winter. Make sure the electrical plug isn't laying where pooling rainwater could short it out and it's fine to leave exposed to the weather.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.