Do I need to buy a new multiport valve top to replace spider gasket???

Jul 13, 2015
Independence, KY
My filter is leaking out the backwash hose after I backwash and return to filter mode. Also, leaking down the side of the filter. I assume I'm correct that we need to replace the spider gasket. Pool store told me that because my old gasket is white that those models will always leak and I have to replace the whole top for $150 (or the black part the gasket goes into for $80). Is this correct??

My filter is leaking out the backwash hose after I backwash and return to filter mode. Also, leaking down the side of the filter. I assume I'm correct that we need to replace the spider gasket. Pool store told me that because my old gasket is white that those models will always leak and I have to replace the whole top for $150 (or the black part the gasket goes into for $80). Is this correct??
Nope, just the ‘diverter’ assembly which contains the spider gasket. About $30.

I had a similar slow leak with my Pentair multiport valve into backwash when on filter. I replaced the spider gasket, and it still was leaking. Turns out that the spring in the multiport valve was weak. After replacing the spring, the problem went away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.