DIY PVC fountain

awvickers

Apr 12, 2021
Minneapolis, MN
Thought I'd post the PVC fountain I built to give back and share ideas. Pretty happy with the result.

Materials:
  • 10 ft 1.5" PVC pipe
  • 2x 1.5" 45* elbows
  • 2x 1.5" 90* elbows
  • 1x 1.5" Tee
  • 1x 1.5" cap
  • 1x 1.5" to 0.5" Tee
  • 2x 1.5" FIP
  • 1x 1.5 ball valve
  • 1x 0.5 ball valve
  • GAME 4560 40mm to 1 1/2 Inch Conversion Kit
  • 5/16 drill bit
Measurements:
Sorry, I just kind of eyeballed everything, lining up pipes at the pool and marking with a pen.

——————

The main goal here was to have this blend in and feel like part of the pool structure and something for fun. I wasn't looking for a way to cool down pool water. I also wanted to have this somewhat hidden and not up in the air like others in the forum. I also chose not to use unions (to adjust the arc of the fountain) as I didn't like the bulky look of it.

First, the above plans was for what I was originally going for but I ended up drilling way to many holes (32) and there was basically no water pressure to create any distance with the fountain, so I ended up cutting out the main fountain pipe and retro fitting a new one with couplings. My recommendation is to start with less holes (I ended up with 9), you can always add more after the fact if you are wanting more distance or effect. I have

I have a 20' Intex pool and I wanted the fountain to span the width between two of the pool supports/legs. This was so that I could anchor/zip-tie the fountain to the pool legs. I used the 45/90 elbows to create a slight bend back from the pool and it also supplied the perfect angle/arc for the fountain. I have the pool supply going into the long end of the fountain base, then a tee supplying the fountain with the ball valve, the other end of the tee goes out to the main Intex inlet. Just above the large ball valve I have a smaller one as a way to drain the water that is stuck in the fountain when you turn off the main shutoff valve. This is so there isn't water just sitting in there dripping and getting nasty.

Once I open the main valve the fountain has enough pressure to cast a nice small arc into the pool, then I can adjust the distance of the fountain with the intex inlet valve.

Attachments

• IMG_1745 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_1745 Medium.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1746 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_1746 Medium.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1747 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_1747 Medium.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 2.16.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 2.16.43 PM.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 26
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.