$500 for the concrete pump.. Access issues
$1100 pool kreet (base of the pool)
$1000 for back fill material and hauling
$800 winter cover
$700 diving board
$750 plumbing valves and pvc
$500 electrical
$200 deck jets
$200 rebar in the concrete around the pool for grounding.
$1000 ( I bought some used pool equipment). Swg/heater and multi color light.
$2500 concrete for our deck. Installing and finishing myself.

I hope this gives you a better idea of costs. Almost everyone that has put their pool in around me spends at least 15-20k. Well below the 40-60k to have a pool builder do it :cheers: I still have to add retaining walls and landscaping.

Ok great thanks!
Why is there 1000 for the backfill? You couldn't fill it with the dirt dug out? I guess maybe in other parts of the country you have rocks... But here in Louisiana it's all dirt! :). So I planned on using the same dirt to backfil.. Is that wrong? Or a bad idea??

I'll answer the question on the backfill in case everyone else misses it. It is generally a bad idea to use dirt to backfill if you are going to put a deck over it. Backfill will continue to compress and break down over a long period of time causing voids and cracking. Even if you rent a vibrator and compress it down initially you will still have those issues over time. Usually the backfill of choice is either small rocks (gravel) or roadbase (rocks and sand).

keithw said:
I'll answer the question on the backfill in case everyone else misses it. It is generally a bad idea to use dirt to backfill if you are going to put a deck over it. Backfill will continue to compress and break down over a long period of time causing voids and cracking. Even if you rent a vibrator and compress it down initially you will still have those issues over time. Usually the backfill of choice is either small rocks (gravel) or roadbase (rocks and sand).

Ok cool I can understand that! Thanks! I'll go with gravel!

Fireman, that is very very close to what mine is looking like although I won't be completely done until spring. The only difference is I am not doing the concrete deck so that will be double your price for 1600 square feet stamped and stained.

I just put in a 20x40 vinyl. Deck is not done yet. It was difficult. I planned it exactly the same. I also thought i could do it fairly inexpensively. I was wrong!!!!! The plumbing and electrical add up fast if you do it right. It Was Backbreaking manual labor!!! If you would like I,ll share my exp from beginning to end by phone . I think it would have helped me. PM if you'd like

Trust me, You want 2 lights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.