DIY Aerator

eboschung

Jun 28, 2023
Birmingham AL
Not sure if it’s going to do any good but I like to tinker. I ran a temp air line off my shop compressor to the pool. Then built a little copper aerator I guess. It’s 3/4 type M with an air fitting, check valve to keep water from going back into my air line, then capped. I drilled 20 1/8th holes around the pipe. No idea if it’ll do any good but if it does I’ll probably rebuild it in pex A so I don’t have a copper pipe sitting on my plaster. Seems to be working pretty well and it looks pretty cool running.

Why? Mostly just because and the pool math app recommended dropping the pH to 7.0-7.2 then aerating to get the TA down and pH back up. And it seemed like a fun piddling around project. I’m a remodel contractor so I used what I had laying around.

It really confused my pups. 3657AFE1-3E4A-43AE-99E8-32DDE48CCA04.jpeg35E62A1F-4E90-472F-A662-483589BCB6BC.jpeg1532BE42-BB31-4BF5-ADCB-DEFCF86E9072.jpeg

Sadly the copper looks pretty cool. My husband Skippy made our fountain for a disused polaris line in our pool (see siggy).
You want the bubbles to break the surface. Those little splashes of little water blobs is what raises the pH best.
Tossing the dog and a couple of kids in the pool work well too.

Maddie :flower:

Sadly the copper looks pretty cool. My husband Skippy made our fountain for a disused polaris line in our pool (see siggy).
You want the bubbles to break the surface. Those little splashes of little water blobs is what raises the pH best.
Tossing the dog and a couple of kids in the pool work well too.

Maddie :flower:
I put the Fointain back in today. So It should help. Did your fountain affect your chemical levels in any way? 2CFBBDAB-7E74-4A47-A6F8-B781D424B0A6.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.