Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello,
I had a diving board jig put in during deck pour and my PB insisted that 3 or more inches stick out. The jig has four 6 inch bolts connected by rebar (see attached pic). I recently read diving board instructions that state the jig bolts should only have 1.5 inches showing out of concrete. So, now I have a jig in middle of a large concrete portion of deck with only 2.5 to 3 inches buried under deck. Can someone explain what will happen because of this? Is it worth cutting out like 6 inches all around and re-pouring that portion? Or better to cut off bolts flush and then use SR Smith Epoxy Kit with bolts drilled into deck and epoxied? Or leave and wait until there is a problem. Please note that all options will come out of my pocket as PB is not willing to help.

Attachments

• IMG_1460.jpeg
    IMG_1460.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 11
Hello,
I had a diving board jig put in during deck pour and my PB insisted that 3 or more inches stick out. The jig has four 6 inch bolts connected by rebar (see attached pic). I recently read diving board instructions that state the jig bolts should only have 1.5 inches showing out of concrete. So, now I have a jig in middle of a large concrete portion of deck with only 2.5 to 3 inches buried under deck. Can someone explain what will happen because of this? Is it worth cutting out like 6 inches all around and re-pouring that portion? Or better to cut off bolts flush and then use SR Smith Epoxy Kit with bolts drilled into deck and epoxied? Or leave and wait until there is a problem. Please note that all options will come out of my pocket as PB is not willing to help.

What did you end up doing?