Disgusted and Confused on What to Do Next

One other thing. Can I put my bleach in right after putting in MA?

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm supposed to remind you to be careful with MA. Some folks are real wary of it. Others just cautious. Make sure you brush the area where you put it in the pool just to make sure it gets well mixed.

Yes, I was a bit leary but have read all the precautions so will be very cautious and will brush where I put it in. I also plan on running the vacuum around the bottom to make sure it mixes.

Seems the FC it has never been less than 1.0 loss but has reached 1.0 - 1.5 loss...

As an aside, 1ppm loss passes the OCLT. If you had several results there, you passed. You are not looking for LESS than 1.0 loss (although that's even better). 1.0ppm accounts for testing error, so you were probably good earlier on.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions about "the details". Checking to see if you're on track is absolutely okay!!!

HELP! Ran into a bit of a problem this morning. Did my testing and my ALK test was waco. I put in the 2 drops of 07, mixed; put in 5 drops of 08, mixed; then starting putting in the drops of 09; I was up to 40 drops and it still had not turned back to red - it just got very yellow. It was fine until this morning. A few days ago I put in MA to bring the pH down and then aerated to bring back up so pH is running about 7.8 so not sure what is happening. I put in extra bleach last night and was going to put in extra this morning because I am going out of town again and wanted to make sure the chlorine held.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.