Reno, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I had a leak, documented in another thread, and now some of the dirt from the concrete repair has found itself in the cover track and jammed the rope up. I took precautions and duct taped over the track but the guys must have swept or washed some dirt in. I've tried pressure washer and compressed air. I even tried a coat hang under the rope to push the dirt out but it won't budge. The track is too narrow for the rope to be lifted out. I've also tried moving the cover back and forth a little to see if it will work it's way out but all that's doing is making it harder to move. Currently it's stuck pretty good and I cannot open it or close it any more than it is.
I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 2022-09-04 15.34.47.jpg
    2022-09-04 15.34.47.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 9
  • k3_0285.jpg
    k3_0285.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 10
Oy! That is a problem.... are you sure its dirt and not cement??

The expensive fix is to have the Coverpools guy out to remove the ropes, almost as if replacing (whiich may be a good idea if they're old) and then dig out the channel before the ropes go back in.

Maddie 🌻

Well I fixed it. I figured I would have to remove the rope so I had nothing to lose trying to get the rope out of the track. I was able to pry it up and out, it turned out to be about 3" of compacted dirt. had to break it up with a screw driver then suck it out. Rope went back in when I started the cover. I may have shortened the life of the rope but it's another years problem. Working perfectly now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.