Dirt accumulation where wall meets bottom and on steps

moosehead

Jul 16, 2023
Long Island NY
My dogs love the saltwater in ground. They use it more than we do. There are pavers around the pool embedded in sand so there is always some sand around the pool. The pool has vinyl steps where the dogs and people sometimes go in. (The dogs actually jump in from the sides!) All that being said, sand accumulates on the steps but worse, right where the pool wall meets the bottom. I have a good robotic pool cleaner but it cant get to those spots. I ideally I would vacuum to waste and just use the hose, but I am looking for a way to vacuum that sand out of the corners and steps. Is there some sort of sock I can put in the skimmer and just use the hose like a home vacuum? It makes me nervous because the aluminum pole is sharp and could cut the liner which is new.
I thought about buying an electric pool cleaner but that runs into a lot of money I suppose. I would use it without the cleaning head and just let the plastic tube at the end suck up the sand.
Looking for suggestions on how to proceed.
Thank you in advance for your assistance
Ray

Welcome to TFP.

Use your pool brush and brush the sand in the corners and on the steps towards the middle of your pool where your pool cleaner can pick it up.

Reactions: PoolStored
Welcome to TFP.

Use your pool brush and brush the sand in the corners and on the steps towards the middle of your pool where your pool cleaner can pick it up.
That would take a lot of time and effort which I am not capable of at my age. I was thinking of an electric vac at the end of the pole that I could just vacuum the deep parts or alternatively if there is some sort of sock I can put in the skimmer basket and just vacuum with the hose attached to the pole, that would be a lot less labor than having to sweep all the areas where the bot works, then it would require repeat cleanings of the bot which I can barely lift. I would suppose if I could find an electric cleaner like a Pool Blaster, I could just vacuum it up with the plastic tube that the head attaches to. What is your recommendation for an electric cleaner or some alternative means. Your suggestion makes sense it's just that for an old guy like me it's impossible to do that as many times as it would have to be done. Thank you for your thoughts

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.