Digging up pipes & starting over: all new PVC, pump, filter, skimmer, heater, etc?

Re: Digging up pipes & starting over: all new PVC, pump, filter, skimmer, heater, etc

In the middle of all this work, my mother sold her house and needed to move, so I haven't had a chance to upload from my computer yet! Otherwise, everything I upload from my iPhone ends up rotated 90 degrees!

- - - Updated - - -

Baseline reading:

0 FC & CC (expected)
ph 7.4-7.6 (about right)
330 TA (whoa!!!)
0 CYA

Dropped 2 lbs of last years leftover CYA in a bag in front of the skimmer, and will drop 2 gallons of chlorine in later tonight. I've had better luck holding chlorine when I drop it in at sundown. What to do about that TA though?!?!

Re: Digging up pipes & starting over: all new PVC, pump, filter, skimmer, heater, etc

Mitch, Please check the date code on that test kit. Now telling how long it has been sitting around the pool $tore.

Here is a link for lowering your TA:

Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

Good job helping your mom move..........now upload us our pics LOL

Kim:cat:
I'm good until 4/18 on the reagents. This store stocks and sells a ton of Taylor kits & reagents for pros, so I wasn't worried about it being an old kit. I did double check it before I bought it, so I knew what I was getting. That's one reason why I spent the extra $30 compared to what I could have spent on it versus Amazon!

i do remember that now, but I hadn't had to lower my TA in quite a while. With the pool pretty much not operable at all last year, my memory was a bit foggy on my chemical balancing! 330 down to 80-110 is going to take forever, isn't it?

I'm good until 4/18 on the reagents. This store stocks and sells a ton of Taylor kits & reagents for pros, so I wasn't worried about it being an old kit. I did double check it before I bought it, so I knew what I was getting. That's one reason why I spent the extra $30 compared to what I could have spent on it versus Amazon!

i do remember that now, but I hadn't had to lower my TA in quite a while. With the pool pretty much not operable at all last year, my memory was a bit foggy on my chemical balancing! 330 down to 80-110 is going to take forever, isn't it?

Good job on knowing to check the date of the test kit.

Yeah :( it is going to take a while to get it down BUT it is not the end of the world and will not stop you from swimming so....CANNON BALL!

Push PH down to 7.2.............roll the water hard with the returns. I turn my into fountains. The cats hate it LOL

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.