Did my refill today

You're running the risk of floating the pool or having some HORRID wrinkles in your liner with no water. We're not the group you need to impress by posting altered photo's with no water in the pool. We're sorry....but your photo is an easily detected Photoshopped!

GREAT JOB! Now add $600 worth of chemicals and come back in a week for us to sell you some more stuff that may or may not work. :D Nice knowing just what your pool needs...and what you're adding to it isn't it!

Re: Did my refill today Advice needed

Everything seems to be going really good.. but I need some advice,
I have refilled, shocked and since Monday I have been letting my FC fall back into target range chart shows 9/10 for my cya

6am solar cover was on all day It was sunny here
FC 11
CC 0

4:30pm water still crystal clear
FC 8.5
CC .5
PH 7.3
TA 100
CYA 80-90 did test 3 times

I took the cover off and will leave off until about 8pm
Today will be the 1st day I have to add bleach since I finished shocking on Sunday afternoon
It is suppose to be 87 and sunny here tomorrow
So when I add bleach tonight should I bump it up to like 12 or so? or should I just go to 10
Thanks again for the advice

I agree, the key not letting it get below 7ppm ... so start a little high until you get a feel for how much you are really going to be loosing each day. You may then be able to dial back your target a bit.

Still seems to be going really well.. I still have sparkly water.. I just have a question about my PH
It has been holding steady for several days at 7.2
FC has been 9 when I have tested PH
Recommend levels shows 7.5-7.8
before when it was 7.3 I was told to leave it where it was.
should I bump it up some or leave it at 7.2 since it has been holding steady?
Thanks again

Anything between 7.2 and 7.8 is fine. Just don't let it stray above or below those numbers. Using liquid chlorine, your PH will go up over time, so I still wouldn't worry about it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: New To the BBB First Shock process

ajackson said:
...as for the sand filter. do you know if you can get DE in less then Giant bags anywhere.. seems to be in 25 lbs everyplace I see

Try Home Depot they had a Cellulose DE substitute that is like 4lbs (25lb equivalent) on clearance for like $4.50 the last time I was there.

Another question
FC 8.5
CC 0
TA 100
PH 7.2 (just bumped this to 7.3)
CYA 90

My question is about FC Everynight I bump it back up to 12-13 (target 10)
Pool is in full sun all day and water temp has been between 85-88
Solar cover is on all day

Is it normal to be losing 4-5 ppm a day with the water temp that high?

The FC losses are really a % of the FC each day based on your CYA value.

We usually say that 2-3 or 4ppm is "normal", but you are starting at high FC values due to the high CYA ... so 4-5ppm does not seem too far out of line to me. If you only have CYA of 50ppm, you would be targeting about 7-8ppm and likely only loosing around 3ppm per day.

Great Jbizzle, thanks for the answer.. I am going to wait until the spring now because we are going to be closing soon but I am going to dump alot more water to get my cya to a more managable level unless we do decide to go with SWG then I wont dump as much..
decisions, decisions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.