Did I mess up??

That adds copper and copper will stain the pool.

I would remove the mineral cartridge.

Copper complicates the issue quite a lot.

I seem to remember a prior thread on the FusionSoft mineral cartridge that was saying the cartridge dumps all of its metals shortly after being installed. I don't think it is time release (per se) so removing it now probably will have no effect.

It might help and it might not help, but it can't hurt to remove it.

So, I would remove it in case there is still copper and silver still being released.
You can only remove it if there is the dummy plug available. If that isn't still with your pool supplies, then you'll have to bust out the minerals and put the empty mineral container back in. The mineral cartridge is part of the lid for the Fusion Soft.

In the future to avoid this problem, aumfc should add salt in the shallow end only and then brush well until all salt is dissolved. I just added a bag on Tuesday night because we had heavy rain and my salt level dipped to 2800ppm. I turned off the SWG prior to adding salt and left it off for 24 hours. I would also not add different chemicals at the same time.

The first photo is no stain. Second photo shows the stain. I'm not good with colors, I just know the stain is different than the surrounding plaster and not blue.

Before adding the salt and acid, there was nothing there and nothing else happened. No water was added to the pool, or anything else.

I'm not sure how it could be iron unless there is very small amount in the pool and it concentrated where the salt clump was. There is no return in that area.

Muriatic spilled on the concrete decking and made a similar-looking discoloration.

I used vitamin c tablets before to try to clean an iron spot. The iron spot went away but where the tablet dissolved there was a new stain. And I haven't been able to get it to go away.

What would you try? This is on the bottom in about 3 1/2 feet of water, but there is another stain like this in 6 feet of water at the bottom.
Did you try to brush it away?

I didn’t do the muriatic acid add, but I did recently add clumps of CLorox salt. I got identical stains! In my case, the stain appears to have disappeared on its own. Took about three weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.